Why do people hear say that there is short or long life on amps?

Anonymous

Why does every one here think that amplifiers have a short life like people say that if its a cheap amp like a legacy or somthing like it they say it has a little life, i dont think that, i think that a amplifier has at least 5years of life because there are know moving parts in it. its not like a computer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1022
Not when it's poorly built. Remember that amplifiers use transistors to amplify current, because they're only so efficient, heat becomes an issue. Heat can eventually destroy electrical components if not removed effectively. These cheaper amps have poor protection features on them and the power supplies are cheap, these amplifiers are built with poor materials with high tolerances and have inefficient designs for removing heat. This is why these amplifiers only last for a couple of months, while well made amplifiers can last for years and years if taken care of. Companies like Sony, Legacy, Boss, etc. have over a 50% failure rate in a year or under.

ikethegreat
Unregistered guest
are orion amps good quality?

Unregistered guest
i always thought sony was generally a quality company....so i bought an xplod amp, i havent used it yet because i have no car, but it came as a suprise to me when i was told xplod amps suck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us