Bottoming out

Anonymous
I have two CSW1204 bazooka subs and an MTX Thunder250D amp. My subs seem to bottom out when I turn it up quite a bit. Is it just the subs not being able to handle the power or could it have something to do with the box they are in. Its acoustic and too big for those subs. Im gonna make it ported, would that possibly help the situation?

No- they will really bottom out if you do that, try getting your hand on some cotton from the craft store. Buy a couple of bags & take one woofer out and stuff that cotton throughout the box as even as possible. Next try just lowering the bass a tad bit. I hope this helps.

one other thing- if those subs came in a tube- you probaly already have a amp hooked into them, if not a tube then you are fine, if they however are a tube, you are probaly over powering them

Anonymous
Thanks, I had already filled the box quite a bit with some polyfill stuff, but I think I may have even put too much in it because as I said before, the box is too big for those subs. From what I read, each sub should have 2 cu. ft. ported and that box is a total of about 4.3 cu. ft. I put in 40 oz. of the polyfill, so I may take some out, unless you think I shouldn't.

yeah- I would try that and see if you notice a improvement. good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us