Kx550.3 kicker for system please help

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 20
i want to get 2 shivas and a set of infinity kappa 60.5cs components. i was wondering if this amp would be under powering them. i know they wont be getting ideal power but i was wondering if they would still be getting enough to preform very well

the infinty would be getting 50 watts @ 4 ohms

shivas 200 each @ 2 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 996
It would underpower them a tad. Look at a quality sub for the power, a W6v2 works well off that amp (or subs similar to that) and you could use that in a slot ported box. The Kappas will run pretty well off of 50x2.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 21
would it still sound pretty good with shivas if not what do you recomend i really want 2 shivas

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1007
2 Shivas would run well, I've seen Shivas do well with only 60 watts RMS, so 200 will be fine. You just won't push them to their full capability.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 22
about how loud do you think those 2 will be with 200 each in a pathfinder in a 4.0 box ported and tuned to 30hz

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1043
Oh, you're running ported, you may very well reach full excursion ported. It'll get loud, in a pathfinder, I'd guess low to mid 140s.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 25
thanks for the imput now i have one final question what kind of wires would i need to wire that amp.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1047
4 guage kit ideally, it won't be too expensive.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 26
is it important to buy a name brand wiring kit or are all wiring kits created equal as long as it is the right guage

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1053
No, they're not created equal, you need a high strand count with quality wire. Go to www.knukonceptz.com quality stuff at great prices.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 28
thank you jonathan do you think with that amp i will need an alternator

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1065
It depends on your car, that amp will have a maximum current draw of 60 amps, so it's possible that you'll need to upgrade. Just try it out for a little while and see if you have problems with lights dimming.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 29
one final question and i promise i am done. i have thought about upgrading to 5.1 perfects would the 50 watts be enough or would i clip. thanks for allyour imput

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1068
That amp is underrated a little, but they'll only clip if you drive the amplifier into clipping. They'll do better with 100W RMS because they'll get louder, but as long as you don't drive the Kicker amp into clipping (don't try to go too loud) you'll be just fine.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 30
so would i be better to go with the kappa 60.5cs or perfect 5.1s with this amp

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1072
I'd do the Perfects personally. Check them both out before you make your final decision, though.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 32
thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us