Mark my word...Audiobahn SUCKS, period.

Username: Sqman

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
I know all you people out there who have a car load of chrome are getting ready to fire back, but i am one of those people who decided to go chrome, and i wish i hadn't. I got 2 audiobahn aw1051t's and put them in my dual 10 inch sealed box. Needless to say they SUCK! yes, they are 'loud' but the most useless loud i have ever heard. They bounce around and over hit and distort worse than my clock radio at full volume. My amp is a soundstorm r800.2 which is kinda cheap but it managed to push my orion cobalts (cs10d's) very nicely. I have to say to anyone looking at the shinyness of audiobahn when you walk into a store. DONT DO IT!!!

DamnAudiobahnHaters
Unregistered guest
You are nuts dude. I don't know wtf the deal is with people on this forum. I have had 2 AW1051Q subs for over 2 years now running with a RF 501S. And NEVER once have I had a problem with ANYTHING on those subs. I have put down every sub in its price range. And also just to point it out my subs have never distorted even running at full volume they haven't. Nick ya know ALL subs are only going to be as good as the installer. If you don't know WTF your doing then how can you expect much from the set-up. I have had my subs for a long time and I must say I'm very happy with AUDIOBAHN. I have never even hit under 149.4 with them that was the lowest they ever threw. So you all can talk all the sh!t you want about audiobahn but I can't because I have never had a problem.

DamnAudiobahnHaters
Unregistered guest
You are nuts dude. I don't know wtf the deal is with people on this forum. I have had 2 AW1051Q subs for over 2 years now running with a RF 501S. And NEVER once have I had a problem with ANYTHING on those subs. I have put down every sub in its price range. And also just to point it out my subs have never distorted even running at full volume they haven't. Nick ya know ALL subs are only going to be as good as the installer. If you don't know WTF your doing then how can you expect much from the set-up. I have had my subs for a long time and I must say I'm very happy with AUDIOBAHN. I have never even hit under 149.4 with them that was the lowest they ever threw. So you all can talk all the sh!t you want about audiobahn but I can't because I have never had a problem.

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
They were installed professionally (for free) and when i heard how sh#tty they sounded i took em apart to make sure they were hooked up right. Yeah, they do hit hard, but i give the SQ a 1 out of 10 rating. They sound like hell. I got a 350 dollar set of components up front and 200 dollar speakers in the rear and theese subs dont even sound like they are playing the music om listening too. They just go bang bang bump and give me a headache. I dont care what anyone says i have heard several audiobahn set ups and never have i been impressed. They are for that stupid kid whith his hat on sideways driving his dodge neon thinking he is cool (no offence to neon owners) I can Sh*t out better subs then theese.

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 41
My friend was going to sell me about 2500 dollars worth of audiobahn stuff for only 800 dollars. I declined the offer after reading a lot of bad reviews on audiobahn on this site. He decided to keep the stuff and put it in his car. After hearing it i would not even take it as a gift. Thanks to all of you for dissing audiobahn and saving me a lot of money.

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
the subs were cheap, i beleive i spent 100 dollars canadian each, i would not use them for free, i would sell them again. In my opinion the reason they dont sound good is because they move too much, causing distortion.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 997
I typically find that people impressed with Audiobahn are those who haven't heard really nice setups to start with. They have very poor sound quality, reliability is a joke, huge failure rate on their subs. Take it from someone whos shop used to carry Audiobahn. We tried carrying Audiobahn when they first came out, and quit after a consistent 70% (give or take) of their products were returned, many because of failure and others because of lack of SQ and SPL. People just weren't happy with them. The shop also carries JL Audio, Eclipse, Kicker, and other respectable brands, so you can understand why those subs sounded like crap compared to others in the sound room. The bad thing is for Audiobahn, you overpay for what you get, big time, consider the cost of the flames on the basket, and think of how much crappier the rest of the sub would have to be to save money. I'd rather them spend money on the motor and cone than ubergay flames. With any Audiobahn that you pay for, there are always much better subs for the same or less. Audiobahn makes very inefficient subs, notice those that experience poor SQ are those who didn't put the subs in the enormous enclosure requirement. Their subs require an enormous enclosure to get bandwidth and gobble power, the Audiobahns that take 1100W RMS only have the output of a sub that works well with 300W. I'll save the current draw and stick to decent subs anyday.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 978
hehe np chris...

i have a story of an audiobahn aw1208t

i was powering it with 800w rms, (rated at 1500w rms) and it was in a large ported box, around 2.5 cF to 34 Hz

anyways so one day i hear this sort of like tapping sound...moreso buzzing at higher frequencies and so i pop the trunk and check it out...turned the gains down on my amp (bx750d) and it goes away....i turn them up like to hear the distortion and i hit a low frequency and it was freakin loud and the adhesive holding the spider to the basket came off, so the sub was like floating around sorta, still playing and then so i disconnected it, used some type of sealant i had to try to repair it

ok so spider back in place...(ghettofied) and i hook it up again and it sounds fine so another random day it acts up again, same sound, just alot more faint so i go do the same thing...tunr gains down then back up and the freakin aluminum former came apaert from the cone in the back, making a really loud lead slapping noise and completely destroying the cone, former, VC, etc..

they wouldnt even give me a new sub because i was overpowering it they said

well, thats my horrifying experience and waste of $200 with audiobahn...this is why im always giving negative comments towards that company

Anonymous

bacon...you got screwed.

i cant stand audiobahn...
wanna hear an even funnier story...

go to the kicker.com chat, people there seem to LOVE audiobahn...it freaked me out...and there is some guy that says he has a 2000watt+ system runnin on a 120A alt...(AND HE SAYS HIS AMPS DONT CLIP!!!)...LOL....(he also says that his voltage rail drops below 9volt w/ the bass!!!.....wow...intellegence at work...

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 981
roflmfao drops below 9 volts?

holy sh!t thats freakin hilarious lmfao oh god ow my sides hurt

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 109
yep...they have some real intellegent ones on the KICKER.com chat!!!

that same guy said that the reason his amps dont clip is because he has two 1 farad caps...he even tryed to convence me that you dont need bigger alts...all u need are caps!

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
ahahahahaha, what a knob...i really do hate people who think they know alot more then they do. They really stand out thats for sure.

Username: Braves57111

Post Number: 2
what do you think about the audiobahn AW1571t 15".

ANYONE

Anonymous

Derek....did you not catch the theme of this room? Save your money and get a real sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 65
Audiobahn just straight sucks. Like Jonathan said" the only peole who like audiobahn are those who havent heard quailty systems. A good rule of thumb to follow is, if you can buy the amp from circuit city or bestbuy, its not usually a good quality amp.

gia
Unregistered guest
i think audiobahn is just for high mantinence girls that must have pretty woofers with all the little lights and flames lol....but i had the aw125t they get pretty loud and for the money i would have rather gotten the ifinity refrence

Anonymous

What about Audiobahn amps? do they suck too?

Unregistered guest
i'm getiing 4 audiobahn 10" woofers aw1051t i'll tel you how this story goes. also i have a 8000t amp running all 4 ...i'll keep the haters updated...if all goes bad i soon may be a hater.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1348
It would be really ignorant of you to get those subs after all our advise. Like I said above, our shop had about a 70% return rate of Audiobahn products, most because of failure, and others because of customer dissatisfaction.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 213
wow good thing i sold my audiobahn immortal quad voice coil then

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
A quailty system should be heard thru your body(the way I like it), not deafing(going deaf isnt listining)
now if you where in a club thats totally differnt, but clubs Iv been to pound harder than any PoS Audiobahn(Dj Paul van Dyk was there)
also the music at the club was pounding so hard that my heart felt it was beening pushed by the sound waves... now only if I could find that in a car...

Bronze Member
Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 24
Wow guys! Audiobahn, just like everybody else has good stuff, and bad stuff. The "T" series subwoofers sound like crap, so does the Nautral Series, however, the Q series is awesome. You can't say that ALL Audiobahn stuff sucks, because they make good stuff too, but its up to you to research and find out the difference, before you go and spend your money on some subwoofers dontcha know, Eh?

Bronze Member
Username: Invain

Post Number: 56
Exactly Adam. I will admit, my friend had 2 "flame q's", and they sucked, but then again, he had a junk amp running them. I have a 12" High Excursion, and it pounds very nicely, and I haven't had anything wrong with it yet. Yeah, I'm not saying Audiobahn is anything comparable to other brands, but you can't bash them just because you "heard other people say they suck". Try them your self.

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 993
i did try them myself, with a aw120t and a aw1208t

both ended up with horrible results..the story above is the 1208t and the aw120t just kind of stopped working after having the proper amount of power on it in a ported box, the voice coils kinda burnt up....sizzled...

anywho, ive had very bade xperiences with audiobahn and i will tell everyone to stear clear and i will NEVER buy their crap again, even if something like zapco or diamond audio buys them out...well maybe...

epilvirus
Unregistered guest
This kid Nick cracks me up. he has aw1051t's and they are the lowest quality sub audiobahn offers. You cant expect great things from bottom of the line equipment. Audiobahn makes a great sub. I prefer JL Audio but Audiobahn is a great alternative. I retired my 3 12w6 after 7 years and I went back to Audiobahn with an AW1208t and Im happy.

Midhurst, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
friend has 2 of the the aluminum series alum1000q or something like that, still sounds like sh!t. Their products are sh!t, their service is sh!t and they are very tacky looking speakers, i mean, cmon, flames? get real and f#ck audiobahn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us