Diff setups

Anonymous

what would give me more spl and which would u guys go with, and u could give me what u guys would do also and any changes u'd make, this is goin in chevy s-10 ext cab LS

Head unit- Pioneer DEH-7600MP
Subwoofers- 3 12" RE X-X-X
Sub Amp- Phoenix Gold R30.0:1
Componants- JL Audio VR650-Csi
Speakers- JL Audio TR650-Cxi
Speaker Amp- Phoenix Gold R5.0:4
Wireing-?

set up

Head Unit- Alpine CDA-9835
Subwoofers- RE 18" MT
Sub Amp- JL 1000/1
Componants- DynAudio System 220 mkII
Speakers- none
Speaker Amp- JL Audio 300/2
Wireing- ????

set up 3

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-7600MP
Subwoofers- 2 12" RE MT's
Componants- DynAudio System 220 mkII
Speakers- None
Wireing-????

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 985
The Dynaudios are by far the better component speakers, but aren't very loud. They'll have a tough time keeping up with either of the sub setups, you may want to consider two sets of them, or a system 360. Stay with the idea of ditching rear speakers, they're not needed. Invest that money in other components. The 18" MT would be the SPL taker, but personally in a truck I'd do X.X.X. 12s, keep in mind I'm a SQ guy, though. It really doesn't take too much to get loud in a truck. Two 12" X.X.X. subs are capable of over 150 db in a slot ported box, more than most anyone needs or would want unless you're competing, 3 12" X.X.X. subs would be even more. The MTs are NOT sound quality subs and aren't a daily driver sub, they're designed specifically for SPL. They also carry no warranty at all. With that sub amp, you will absolutely HAVE to invest in a custom built alternator, it will draw enormous amounts of power, you'll need a 300 amp alternator or more if possible to try and keep up. Both head units are great, choose on features and what feels best to you. As far as the amp for the component speakers, the JL 300/2 is a lot better, but will overpower a set of Dynaudio system 220s, it's better suited for two sets if anything, or a System 340 or 360. Remember that the 300/2 is severely underrated and actually puts out closer to 180-200 watts RMS.

Anonymous

Ok, how does this sound, and should i ask the guy to take out my rear speakers that are already there or just leave em' there, and could u give me a site that has good wireing

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-7600MP
Subwoofers- 3 12" RE X-X-X
Componants- DynAudio System 360
Wireing-? ?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 988
Sounds great. For wiring, go to http://www.knukonceptz.com great stuff, great price
You can leave the rear speakers in place, I was just saying don't waste your money on new ones. I'd face them out of have them disconnected.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 989
fade, not face.
typo

Anonymous

thanks jon, i was wondering if u know of any security ideas for not leaving my subs in eye for jackers

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1010
Just ideas to cover the subs up? Tint your windows. What kind of box are you building? Other ideas are a good alarm, covering the box up with some type of carpeted baffle, just a temporary one to cover the box while you're out of the truck, etc.

Anonymous

which wiring is better for what i'm getting, and is this everything i need before i go and get it installed?
http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOLAK4
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK0

Anonymous

?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1077
You need the 1/0 gauge kit. 4 guage is NOT going to power those amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us