Tuning for Pioneer DEH-P7600MP

Username: Qs911

United kingdom

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I purchased this head unit in the U.S.
Does anyone know if I can get the tuner to work in the U.K?
Thanks

Anonymous

I'm the guy who found the thread «Blaupunkt is the best at cd head units. You will discover why».
I have a friend who bought a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP. Most of my friends usually don't like to read the owner's manual of their head units but they ask if I could do it for them, then give them an explanation how the features work, ... and as I like to be a good friend (and because I like to read anything concerned with audio or video home and car products) I have read the DEH-8600MP owner's manual of my friend as well.
Yes, your model is the DEH-7600MP but the tuner is the same, so in the referred manual it says on page 8 «This model is intended to be sold only in Europe, Middle Orient, Africa and Oceania (FM Frequency range - 87.5 to 108 Mhz , so the tuner may not work properly in other regions». This means that Pioneer head units have tuners that are only programmed to work in certain areas so you possibly have no chance of getting your American version working properly here in Europe. But you may call Pioneer support service in your country (U.K. I think) and explain your situation and see if they can change the tuner to work in Europe and if that operation is to be paid or if it is offered by Pioneer. Good luck!

P.S. Just for you know, I have a Blaupunkt MP3 CD head unit and in my owner's manual says that the tuner comes prepared to work in a certain area (in my case Europe) but you can manually change this setting in the «Tuner menu» to make the head unit «America» compatible. So you may choose the European setting or the American setting. That's cool!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us