Subwoofer without an amp ?? Possible?!?!?!

AIGHT I JUST BROUGHT A BAZOOKA TRIANGLE SUBWOOFER AND I GOT AN ALPINE CD PLAYER W DETACHABLE FACE NOW I KNOW MY DECK HAS A SUBWOOFER OUTPUT BUT DOES IT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO AN AMP IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THAT? I'VE GOT AN ACCORD 99 IF NOT I'LL JUST BUY A DAMN AMP BUT IF I DON'T NEED ONE Y SHOULD I RIGHT? help a brotha out

If the Bazooka came in an enclosure, then more than likely it has an amp on the inside. This is the usual with Bazooka, however all other companies are not this way. I would guess that it is a 100 watts or 150. It is already wired up and ready to go on the inside.

SAS (bazooka) makes both amplified and non-amplified bass tubes.
If you want to run a sub without an external amplifier, technically no, you can't do it.
what you can do is get a sub with an integrated amplifier, which will still need to be wired to the car's battery terminal, grounded, and have signal lines run from that Alpine source sub output to the amp built into the sub's enclosure/tube.
eBay always has self amplified bazookas for sale fairly cheap.
they aren't the best solution for SQ, but they give some good fill for the low end.

Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 3
You can...but...u can only run it at a low volume, then is u crank it up the sub might sound like shlt, lights on your deck will dim and car lights will dim. So just buy a amp.

Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 4
You can...but...u can only run it at a low volume, then is u crank it up the sub might sound like shlt, lights on your deck will dim and car lights will dim. So just buy a amp and all of the other stuff that goes along with it.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 121
If you have that problem, it's caused by two things:
1: a weak alternator, and lacking electrical system in your car, and quite possibly corroded battery cables, and/or:
b: the gain/input sensitivity is turned too far up on the amplifier built into the sub, and teh amplifier is clipping.
If the system is tuned properly that won't ever happen.
I used a single 8" tube in my Jeep for quite a while just to fill in the lower missing frequencies from my Infinity components and it did a wonderful job, even at high volumes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us