Hooking car amp to home stereo

thedan goose
Unregistered guest
i need to know if i can hook a car amp up to a home stereo system. i have a 15" sub hooked up right now dorectley to the stereo and it dosent hit hard, but im going to add Two 12" infinity's. so im gonna need more watts. my stereo only puts out 440 and thats goin to speakers too.

so if anyone knows how to hook up a car amp to a home stereo it would be a great help. THANKS

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 28
Home stereo 8 ohms, car stereo 4 ohms, not a good mix. I did try this when I was younger, and I blew my amp and my sony stereo.

Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 8
Yeah, my friend totaled his car last year, and we just pulled his amplifer and his subs. We cut the wires to his home stereo subwoofer, and, after finding out which was positive and which was negative, we hooked them up to the "line in" to his amplifier. We then took a car jumper box, pluged her into the wall with the charger, and then wired up the Amplifier as if it was a car battery. The remote wire however, was switched, because it made his mom really pissed off, so we could control it when she was home. I know you can buy a power inverter for amplfiers, but good ones run about 300 bucks, whereas a car jumper box is about 30 at Wal Mart. I know it sounds stupid, but it worked for us! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us