Running 6-1/2s & 6x9s on HU?? help needed badly...

Jess
Unregistered guest
I am pretty much new to to car audio and my heads swimmin after reading up on it for a few days. I've picked out the Clario 745MP as my H/U, and I want to upgrade my factory speakers to coax's. So far I'm looking at the Infinite Reference series or the Pioneer TS-A6990R 6x9s and TS-A1670R 6-1/2s. The big question I have is am i going to have get a 4 channel amp to play these with out blowing out a speaker? or any other gadgets?

also whats your preference the pioneers or the infinite references? or are the about the same quality?

I drive a honda 02 civic coupe, lookin for decent sound and some bump (read not subwoofer bump :-) ). My bro drives a 03 grand prix i think with that moonson sound system, sounds decent and kinda what im looking for)

oh yeah glass.....ME>EE lol

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 17
An amp not to blow a speaker? No no no... all amps give MORE power than the HU. To make those speakers should their best, you are going to want to get a 4 channel amp to run those to their full potential (read-MORE POWER). The Pioneer 6x9's in question have 80 watts RMS as their rating, and the 6.5 have 35 watts RMS. Your HU is going to put out 18 watts to each of those speakers.

They HU will power them though, its not like you aren't going to be getting any sound or anything, but if you eventually have enough money (or have enough right now), and want a really good sound from the speakers, you will want to invest in a good amp.

And I would go with Infinity. Pioneer isn't bad for front speakers though, its just my preferance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us