Amp and Box for 1 Shiva

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 175
Hi I am looking into getting 1 12" Adire Shiva. I have looked into all of the amps and can find a

Kicker KX350.2 350RMS
Alpine MRV-T420 340RMS
MTX Thunder 342 340RMS

all of these would be around $140 or so. They would all run that power at 4ohms since Shivas are dual 8 ohm. Which amp would you choose and why.

Also I was wondering what kind of box I should get for the best sound quality. Size shouldnt be an issue with only 1 12" as long as the box doesnt get over 2.5 - 3ft cubed. How much would the best SQ box usually cost for this 1 sub?

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 176
Also I was looking into a JL 250/1 but could not find one under $280 or so and I do not feel like spending 2x as much if the other amps will do the same. If you think this amp is worthy of 2x the price then please tell me why. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 940
All are great amps, I'd go with the Kicker in the end. 2 channel amp, great sound quality and a solid amp, it would push the shiva well.

Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 3
You obviously aren't buying htem retail, but here are their prices retail:

Kicker- $379
Alpine- $399
MTX-$299

JL-$399

So they are all in the same ballpark (minus the MTX). JL is probably the best one, but I guess the markup on Kickers is greater, thats why you can find a better deal. Id do what Jonathan said, go with the Kicker, it'll be damn fine.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 178
of course they are not retail. i dont have the money to buy them retail LOL. the prices are from various places

Kicker - thewholesalematrix.com
Alpine - discountjungle.com
MTX - acaraudio.com

all 3 can be found for a little less or the same NEW on ebay. none of these prices had shipping.

but about the box. what box type would give the best SQ. i know the SPL will be less this way but im sure it will still be very loud.

what kind and what size will give me the best SQ, and how much do they run at????

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 319
I'd get the Kicker amp. Awesome amp for the money paid.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us