Question on hooking everything up

Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 6
Hey everyon, Im really new to car audio but, I've been in home theater audio for a while. My uncle and I are going to put four speakers and a subwoofer in our golf cart (lol dont laugh....its for the race track and were there all the time) and our golf cart has a battory allready. My question is, how exactly do I hook everything up. The sub were going to get is a Alpine 10" 900 watt, And the amp is a Bazooka 500 watt mono amp(ela 3001) The head unit is going to be a pioneer 50 watt (Pio deh1600) by the way the amp can go down to 2 ohms but the sub is only rated to 4ohms. Is it allright if we keep the amp on 2 ohms? thanks alot...and stop laughin lol
Eric

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 51
I am not sure how big your battery is but that seems like a lot of electrical demand from a little cart battery...all high power car stereos need good alternators in our vehicles to supply constant power. I would think you would kill the battery if you tried to listen to anything too long (like an entire CD at a decent volume).

Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 7
the battery is a normal car size and it does have a alternator. It's a gas cart so it's not running off the battery.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 31
well if the sub is 4 ohm i would make sure( if the amp does have a switch from 4 ohm to 2ohm) to be 4 ohm. It's always a safe bet to keep the numbers the same, otherwise you may overheat, over power and damage your equipment.

In a Golf cart Sweet LOL :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 11
I grew up at a dirt track so I feel your pain with the golf cart. However I can tell you the alternator is not enough to push that big of a system. So if you do this full thing be prepared to replace the alternator. As for the amp it will not run in 2ohm mode with a 4ohm load. So make sure (if there is a switch) that it is set to 4 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us