Got a new car...sound system...I want top notch...please help

Username: Zagguy540

Post Number: 1
I recently got a 2001 Sport Trac and am now in the process of customizing it into a top motch vehicle. I have already gotten all the lights, intakes, gadgets, etc. and its now time to upgrade the system.

I have a Panasonic CQ-C8400 and want to get the most out of my deck as it is a very nice deck. It puts out 4x60, even though I am told that decks can realistically onlt put out 4x20-30, thats what the Best Buy lady said.

Anyways, I am limited on space in my car and plan on putting a sub either under the rear seats or behind the seats where there is a compartment. I was planning on going with two 10s, until I found out about the SWX-1042D Type-X Series Subwoofer. After taking a look a that, I thought it would be good sub and would be close to the equivalent of two lower quality 10s. It has a peak power handling of 3000,500-1000 RMS, etc. It sounds pretty impressive, I think it would be sufficient for a Sport Trac and it would save some room.

I could not find any reviews on the sub and thought you guys would have some information on it. Also, what would be the absolute BEST amp for a sub of this quality? Also, should I install myself or get a professional to do it. I went to Car Toys for my deck, but their gear is too expensive and charge and arm and a leg for installion.

I have no experience in car stereos so I would need a lot of manuels, etc. Would it be a mistake to try and take this on myself or is it not that difficult.

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=10434&c=0407DealTime &b=Alpine_SWX-1042D

Thanks,

Brandon

Anonymous

how much money are ya looking to spend

Post Number: 2
I am not looking at a specific amount. I just want a great sounding system. A top notch 10, best amp to run the sub.

Anonymous

if u wnat a top notch ten system that is not your sub...

if you only want one ten and want a top notch set up get something like a w7 10 powered by a jl 500/1...

Post Number: 3
Is all this stuff tough to set up?

Post Number: 4
Hello?

Bronze Member
Username: Inprogress

Post Number: 46
I don't thinkj 10 w7 will fit in a sport trac ..Installing is not extremly hard as long as you have some good common sense and are fairly intellegent you can install an amp and run speaker wires to a box.I have 1 eclipse titanium 10 sounds real good and it's in 1.04 cubic ft box. stick around listen to these guys on here ,you will learn quick.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the help. I saw the mounting depth was 8" and I am going to get a C Wells enclosure that has a 6" mountain lepth limit. I was hoping somehow I could make it work, but doesn't look like I will be able to.

What are some great subs with less than a 6" mounting depth?

THanks,

Brandon Gilbertson
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us