What would be a good choice

Username: Emtmg2

Post Number: 1
Hi im currently running two 12' Cerwin Vega V-Max 4 ohm SVC subwoofers and im pushing them with an MTX 801D Mono amp now right now they sound real good just i want to maybe give them a little more power now i have 2 questions ....1) These subs are rated at 300 RMS each how much more pwer can they take without damaging them and 2)what would be a good amp to give them more power then what im giving now that will not harm them

Any suggestions please
Thanks

Post Number: 2
also i was looking at the Hifonics Brutus BX1000D i know i can get that for cheap would that push my subwoofers harder then the MTX i have now ive seen some places that say its 500 X 1 @ 2ohms....and then other sites that say 700 X1 @ 2 ohms so any help would be great

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4374
they can take 300 watts continuously without damage to the coils as the thermal rating states.

remember if you double the power to a sub (within it's limits) you add +3dB.
double the audible volume is +10dB.
as you can see, it takes a LOT of power increase to make a noticeable difference in SPL.

Post Number: 4
so then is the amp im running now about the best i can do for them or can i get one that pushes it a little harder.....for instance i was wondering if the MTX 801D i have is better then lets say the Hifonics Brutus 1000 mono i was looking at

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4378
that amp should be doing the job for those subs.
what you could do is look at adding a preamp from orion, kicker, audiocontrol or similar.
the preamp will give you a really solid line voltage, and usually has a boost of around up to +9dB at around 40Hz.. really makes subs slam hard..
I love using a preamp to toy with bass output.
]cheaper than a new amp tpo.

Post Number: 5
thanks alot im going to look into that....yea i mean my subs already hit pretty hard so i was just researching a bit but im gonna look into what you said

Username: Snowman

Post Number: 1
hey, i was wondering if 2 12's that had aluminum cones, dual voice coils , rubber surround, and 160 oz voice coils would sound better than 1 kicker sl7 15"

Username: Snowman

Post Number: 2
i mean 160 oz magnets
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us