Chose brahma subs-need help chosing amps

Username: Tripperdiv

Post Number: 8
from a previous tread ITS BACON12 recommended brahma subs(looking for good sq and high spl 150+)on www.acoustic-visions.com i found the adire brahma markll dual 2 ohm 15" subs(are these what you all would recommend) they also have a built for brahma box with all the internal supports and its the exact size i need to fit in my honda(go figure)the subs are 439.00 each and the box is 360.00=1280.00 shipping included.subs are backorder so help finding somewhere else would be great.Now i need to know what amps i need to power these subs , i figure i have about 800 to 1000.00's to spend on the amps(maybe a LITTLE more if needed).Is there a better system for the money or is this going to be one to blow you away with sq and spl,thanks.I think highs are taken care of for now, componets up front, 6x9's in rear deck and thinking of adding componets. in rear also

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4376
so you have two dual 2 ohm 15" brahmas?
you'll want an amp that's mono, and puts out about 1200-1600wRMS x 1 @ 2 ohms

Orion's got one I believe, as does MTX, Hifonics, or even a JL 1000/1
those should all be within your budget

Username: Tripperdiv

Post Number: 9
glasswolf-which amp would you go with also would you go with these subs or something different.do i need 1 or 2 amps to push these like they should be pushed.me and my wife got a consolidation loan and there is roughly about 2300.00 for me to play with so i want the best for the money i have.Down here in south ga.theres not much knowledge on the good stuff , mostly audiobahn and croosfire and i dont want that crap.your help is greatly appreciated.--p.s. is hifonics and mtx good qaulity products???????

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4385
look at MTX.
I think the model is the Thunder81000D ?
puts out around 1500 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

good match to those two subs. good subs too.

Anonymous

hifonics is also very good. if those r dual 2's then get 2 bx1500d's for about 300 each shipped, on ebay.the bx1500d is 1 ohm stable and a dual 2 draws one ohm so it would be perfect. the bx1500d puts out 1500 watts rms. ITL BE LOUD MAN!! Good Luck!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us