Audio upgrade

Username: Pepo

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 3
I'd like to get your opinons on the following setup to upgrade my 04 Accord EX. Polk db690 for the rear, Polk db650 for the front ($200 for both pairs), and a Kenwood KAC-8401 Amp $155. Any other subjections, additions, changes; my budget is $500 and I'd like to do the work myself.

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 341
Looks pretty good; your rears will be underpowered by a fair amount (40W), so be careful about turning it up. Also, don't forget to get good wires.

By the way, I just checked eBay quickly -- you can get those Polks there for $160 combined. You should consider getting two amps to give each set appropriate power.

-Matt

Username: Pepo

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the tips Matt the speakers are less expensive on Ebay. If I get (2) Amp, do I need a capacitor or my 04 Accord will put out enough power? Oh that will put me over my budget but that's OK. Remember, I just want nice clean sound, I don't care about loudness.

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 353
Although I wouldn't use rear speakers at all, but if you want speakers all around I'd get 5.25" for the rear set and use adapter plates to fit them in the 6x9 opening. Try to get them rated at the same RMS as the db650s and your other current options wouldn't be affected.

-Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 33
check for a local cadence dealer and check out this amp. or try the internet

http://www.cadencesound.com/action.lasso?-Database=Products&-Table=WEB&-Response Any=amplifiers_detail.html&-token.series=&-token.description=4%20Channel&-KeyFie ld=ID&-KeyValue=304&-search

it's MSRP $279.00
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us