Noise Problems Again

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 166
OK i had a noise issue. Alot worse then it is now that i fixed by switching my RCAs from head unit to amp. Now when that is hooked directly to the amp powering my 6.5"s there is NO noise. But when hooked to my sub amp then another pair. (Shielded from Circuit City) 3ft cable from sub amp to 2 channel there is noise. This cable runs underneith the board where both amps are mounted. It crosses perpendicular to the power wire. Am i getting the noise from the power wire or from distortion in the sub amp. Also the noise is engine noise as it increases in volume and pitch when the engine revs. How could i fix this. Thanks..

Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 4
here is a few more things to try, all of them can help some in eliminating noise.

First, off redo all your grounds, make sure you use a wire brush to remove the paint from the chassie, befor you reconect. I also recomend using a lock washer so the screw won't back out.

Second, Make sure your rcas run down the opisite side of the car, rom the power wire. If they don't move one to the other side.

In your situation it could be your sub amp causing the brunt of this problem. Cheap amps are known for this type of problem, but without knowing what all is in your stereo it is hard for me to tell.

I don't think the 3 ft cable is picking up that much alternator wine. You can try running higher end rcas, but if you are using cheap amps, and head unit, and so on it will only help so much. Keep me informed of what you figure out, and let me know what else is in your system, and I will do what I can to help

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 181
OK went to a shop. He said it could be radio signals from my engine. Something that can only either be cured by engine work or a better 2 channel amp. Also I am running the 2 6.5" coaxials off of a Rockford Fosgate 60ix. Old rockford. And now i switched the RCAs and put them into 2 Y cables into my RF amp then used the 3ft cable from that to the MTX sub amp. Reduced a LITTLE noise this way. But for sure it is not the Sub amp causing noise. And now the RCAs going into the RF amp dont cross the power wire ANYWHERE.

Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 6
First the engine will not make radio noise, and no work on the engine wil cure it!!! If you already tried my other ideas then the problem lies with in one of your amps. The reason it might be worse when you use the line outs on the sub amp is that its voltage out put might not be as high as your deck. So try slaving in a new 2 chanel to run your highs and see if it fixes it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us