Dammit

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 95
well i had my cap installed and my directed 1100d going to 2 12'infinity's 1232. gain is half way up and the cap was installed. cap lights up and after the system is on for a about 20 mins it would shut off. took it back to the place i installed and they said the gain was up to high. well it started working fine and then it started cutting out again. well everytime i take the power off and put it right back on it works right away. now after 2 days it was working made a poping noise and now the amp wont even come on. the power cable from battery is 4 guage and goes to the amp but 8 gauge comes from cap to amp. could this be the problem or is it an amp issue.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 312
yea. run the 4 guage all around. you proly need bigger cable if you're running just 4 guage from the battery. Caps don't help your system unless your alternator is up to the challenge of supplying your amp with adequite power. If you just have a small alternator get it rebuilt so that it can handle bigger loads and get rid of that cap. They actually don't help that much and usually just hurt your charging system.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4325
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

a capacitor is no replacement for an alternator.
your amp was shutting off due to clipping.
the popping is a damaged sub, caused by the amp clipping.
you essentially blew your sub. thank the car audio place where you got the capacitor for failing to understand and explain to you that you need a larger alternator for the amp(s) you've chosen.

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 96
sorry to tell u guys but u are all wrong. i founf that the ground on the amp was lose and it is arching. and the subs still play and i know that cap is not replacement that is why i got a new alt like u suggested a while back to me glass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4396
I figured you'd have bothered to check simple things like your wiring before posting the initial message.
my mistake.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us