Adire Shivas

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 162
Hey I was wondering since the Shiva is so highly recommended on this site that I might test one. Just because you cannot find them anywhere around here. What kind of power do they usually need?? I know they are rated at 650RMS but I also know the Brahma is rated at 1600RMS but usually only needs 700or so. Would 300RMS be enough to reach full excursion on this Shiva because I have a MTX 311d. Also what size box do they usually like. I would like the best SQ and range not all SPL. Im thinking sealed. I have 1.3 currently.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 972
well the shiva is a dual 8 ohm driver, so youll need something that puts 300w rms at 4 ohm

they love sealed boxes, around 1.5 or so, with a pound n a half a polyfill, sound awesome

Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 3
what do they need if they are ported and do you recomend it if tuned to 25 hz, this is for 2

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 163
hmmm so dual ohm huh... what if i got 2?? would that put it around 2 ohms on a mono?? maybe like a MTX 801d or a kicker kx600.1 or jbl 600.1. those would either give each 300 or 400 a piece if i could run 2 shivas at a 2 ohm load. would these RMS reach its full excursion?

curious
Unregistered guest
WHat amp would be good for one shivas? i recently bought one shivas and it sound like crap. maybe its because of my amp (RF 200x2 punch) or my wiring. any info anyone??????

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 22
in a 1.5 cu. ft box they need 300 watts RMS to reach full xmax. i run kine with a JBL BP600.1 and they sound great. i love mine. try that amp. you can get one for a little under 200

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 23
in a 1.5 cu. ft box they need 300 watts RMS to reach full xmax. i run kine with a JBL BP600.1 and they sound great. i love mine. try that amp. you can get one for a little under 200
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us