4 12s in truck bed and cabin

Username: Bizziatchi

Post Number: 5
Has anyone in here ever heard of cutting a hole from the bed into the cabin and mounting a box in between? The hole is just big enough for the outside of the box, and the box is pushed up until it is flush with the inside of the cab. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this or even heard of this. If so, what all do i have to do?

I know I would have to spray the outside of the box with some sort of sealant. Any suggestions on that? Also, I would need to caulk the area of the exposed box between the bed and the cab. How would I permanently mount the box though? Any tips or suggestions that I didn't metion?

I'm sure some of you master installers have done this before. Please help me. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 954
ive heard of it...as long as its sealed it should work fine, just make sure the box doesnt come out of mount with the outside of the bed, otherwise u get bad stuff happening

ive seen a guy spray rhino lining on a box before, that would work lol

to perm mount the box, you could extend double baffled front wider than the box actually is and mount some bolts thru the back on the truck into the MDF or material u use to hold it in place, just an idea of how i'd do it

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 300
isnt the bed supposed to have some "twist" to it? If you ever hit a pothole or something you might have problems with this setup

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 889
Usually they do, but any car flexes for that matter. (This is extreme) I saw a guy on sounddomain who put 4 12's in a toolbox, then cut the hole into the cabin where they would fire in. I believe he also welded a metal enclosure to fill the gap between the bed and the cabin, then built the speaker box to extend inside of that. As far as holding the box in place, he filled the entire toolbox with concrete, for damping purposes and to hold the box in place. Feeling lazy this morning, dont have a link...

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 302
well i understand they all flex but with the bed being independent from the cab and he gets good twist one day he could screw something up having the sub in the space between the bed and cab i dont know maybe its just me that doesnt see that as the best idea. The way i see it is have the subs downfiring into the corner of the back of the bed and that should give you some decent bass. maybe im wrong i dont know but thats just and idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us