Finding Good Subs

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 157
Hi. Im looking at replacing 2 12" subs. I would like to keep the box and possibly keep the amp also. I have a 1.3cu ft box and a mtx 311d which i could run 2 subs at 155 at 2 ohms. I would like to find 2 good subs with good range and sound quality to fit those specs. I could if I needed switch to either a 801d or get another 311d but I would like to stay in the lowest amount of $$ possible since I do not have alot. I just want good SQ with good range.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 943
hmm

cerwin vega VMAX subs dual 2 ohm if they have it

or cerwin vega hed12svc 4 ohm...both nice subs, canhandle more than 155w rms but they def have nice SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 86
cerwin vega makes some nice products

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 159
would the box be a nice fit for the Vegas? And would 155 RMS be enough to maximize the use of the subs. I know they can handle more but I also know some subs do not need thier rated RMS rating to reach full excursion.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 947
155w rms would maximize the hed12svc's they are rated to handle 200w rms and a little bigger of a box, 1.3 cu ft will let them travel more than 1.0

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 161
ive found 2 different hed12s . one with red center and one with silver center. supposedly the new 2004 model is the silver with 250RMS. dunno if these would be the same and how good do these hed12s sound compared to some other subs like the V-Maxs .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us