New sub

Anonymous

I currently have 2 Infinity Reference 12" subwoofers, the 1230W model, 4 ohm SVC, 300 RMS each, running off a Kicker kx550.3 (400 watts RMS @ 2 ohm on the sub channel). The subs are mounted in a 1.0 cu ft box (they recommend 1.25) and are underpowered with 200W RMS each. I just couldn't fit a bigger box in my car, at least not w/o custom making one. I'm looking to upgrade to a single sub that will match or better the SPL output (hitting harder would be nice) of these subs and have much better SQ, and also run well off the Kicker amp, (I'm trying to gain back some space in my trunk). I'm limited to dual 4 ohm subs. No Comp VR's, please, I don't like them. I was looking at the W6v2 12" or a single Eclipse Aluminum, either the 12" or 15". I plan to put whatever I get in a vented box, tuned low for SQ purposes (around 28 hz) and to get the 3 db I would lose from dropping a sub back. I like the Eclipse Alum subs, but will it do ok with 400W RMS and a low tune, or will it not reach it's full potential? I like the W6v2s as well and I know they use a smaller box (good thing). By the way, I'll have up to $800 to spend for the sub and box, but would prefer to spend a lot less than that if possible so I can eventually upgrade the rest of the system. I plan to make my own box, by the way, if someone can recommend size and tuning freq.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 949
hmm, id say a triple X with 400w rms in a decent vented box would be underpowered, but it would definately hit well

Anonymous

or a brahma 12

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 961
yep

Bronze Member
Username: Inprogress

Post Number: 32
why not eclipse ti, 10 requires 2.2 for vented so maybe to big (just got my 1 10 titanium done built my box and it is fricken awsome in a 1.04 sealed box,not sure on the aluminum I got their phone # if you wanna call n check

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 14
what about re se 600rms don't cost as much as a X's

Anonymous

Well, I'm only 16 and don't have a credit card, or have a relative who does. I'm pretty much stuck with what I can get in a shop. Between the Aluminum and W6v2, what do you think would work better?

Anonymous

bump

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 92
if you want something, the shop should be able to get it for you...atleast mines like that

Anonymous

No, they won't do that, I checked. Anyway, I have really good deals on either sub and I love the sound quality of both, but have no clue how they'll sound in a car or how hard they would hit, so between the Aluminum and W6v2 ported, which would hit harder with 400W RMS? Also, I heard the Aluminums didn't work that well ported, and that they were mainly small sealed box subs. Is that true?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us