Need suggestions on subs and amps

Username: Tripperdiv

Post Number: 4
im replacing my 12" pbx::: and audiobahn 1600w amp(hit 144.1-want more- 150 at least).i want to go with 15" subs and an amp on each.i want good sq and hard hitting spl.its going in 99 honda civic and i think im going to have to go with sealed enclosure(not sure).right now i have 0 gauge wires running to a optima yellowtop battery in trunk and another yellowtop i havent installed,so 2batteries(no capacitors).Ive been reading on forum and saw alot of you guys like brahma-rexxx-w7s-juggernauts-etc...any help on subs and what amps to use and where i can purchase(websight) these hard to find products would be great.I do have money to spend but dont want to spend a fortune(highs are taken care of)let me know if you think staying with 12' would be better choice???? opening behind rear seat is 36"x17.5" and i want speakers facing in car.not sure if opening is big enough for box with 15".thanks

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 942
www.respl.com <--X-X-X

www.adire.com <--brahmas

www.mmatsproaudio.com <--juggernaught

www.cerwin-vega.com <-- stroker

www.jlaudio.com <--w7's

if you want a 15, i would reccomend a juggernaught, brahma (extreme?) or a triple X

they all get damn loud and have excellent SQ, but you'll definately pay for the SPL and SQ you get with these drivers

for an amp, theres a bunch...but lets pick a subwoofer you'd like first

Post Number: 5
thanks for reply,i think i like the 13w7's or the 12w7's , they seem to be getting good reviews for subs and amps.which would you suggest out of the 2 and would you run 1 or 2 amps on these,and also would you stay with jl amps if so what size would be best.i have a superbass probox for 2 twelves 2.5 cu in each (ported)which made a hellofa differencein the setup i have now, would this box be good for the new setup i want.i did the dealer locator and there is a jl audio dealer 65 miles from me so thats a plus also ---again thanks for your help in building this system

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 946
hmm well, i personally like the brahma 15" more than a 13w7, much much better buy

takes a little less power to get full potential too

altho both have amazing SQ, the 15" brahma has alot more surface area, means more air moving

if yer after 12's, again, id go with a pair fo 12" brahmas or 12" triple X's with about 500-800w rms on each one - like a thunder1501d to power them, 750w rms each you should get awesome response from them...either set of subs

also, do u know what your box is tuned to? 25 Hz? 40 Hz?

but if ur gonna go with 12w7's, id get a 500/1 for each one or a 1000/1 for the pair

Post Number: 6
i wasnt able to pull up the sights on brahma or x-x-x to research them.www.adire.com isnt working for me, is there another sight.is there a certain 15" brahma i should look for and which amps would you suggest for these.------------------------i just found something on the 15mkll extreme throw 2 ohm dvc sub is this the one you recommend if so what amps for them and since i'll need a new box is there a sight to give me specs so i can see if it'll fit in my car and do you think sealed or ported thanks.

Anonymous

its www.adireaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us