Bad bad day

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 84
well, i've had a bad day, sitting in my room, listening to some music from my comp, ive got my comp hooked up to my stereo so i got surround sound and subs and whatnot...amamzing with video games...and then all of a sudden, POP! my speakers blew, i will say they did take there share of abuse as well as give a long time of listening, I order some 6x9s and a pair of 6.5s to put on the floor, the surrounds are great, the new woofers i'm installing tomorrow, i bought two 8" DVC subs at walmart for 40 bucks, i was pleased...not something i'd put in my car but for my room they'll work perfectly...

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 309
did you get those red 8" subs?

Bronze Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 85
Yea i had one for a while, desided to get a 2nd one, for 20 bucks it can put a desent amount of thump into your room, with a bigger box it might sound a little louder, i've got them in a dual 8" box with about 1 ft per sub, not to shabby

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 310
yea I bought one to play around with. I put it in a ported box tuned to like 37 hz I think. It actually sounded fairly good. I got bored one day and decided to see how much power it could take before it blew. It took quite a bit before it litteraly just blew up. lol! the cone ripped away from the surround and then the voice coil just melted. for 420 that lil sub could take one hell of a beating.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4292
if you're using speakers like 6x9 or 8" without any acoustic suspension (read: a BOX) no wonder you blew them.

Bronze Member
Username: Goodstang

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 46
you know what... i've never thought about it... but what happens when you hook car audio stuff up in your house... er, does it sound ok? i would imagine you'd have to mount speakers/subs, instead of just sitting them on the ground... but seriously, can you play car audio equipment not in a car?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 939
you can, ill advised but you can

and you dont have to mount them as long as glasswolf said, you have acoustic suspension (boxes) for them

Bronze Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 87
if you have the power to run them they sound pretty desent, its actually a little cheaper then buying speakers for "home" audio, not to mention building boxes is pretty fun...just one more project i can busy myself with between jobs and skateboarding
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us