Alpine CDA-9807 HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Slayer77

None, None non Nnoneoneone

Post Number: 11
Hi!

My 6 month old Alpine CDA-9807 might have got its internal amp destroyed. I purchased it from official Alpine dealer in December 2003. I Still have bills, box and all. Here are tests I did afterwards.

Tested:

Alpine CDA-9807

Speaker Right Front: Gray/ GrayBlack WORKS
Speaker Right Rear: Violet/VioletBlack WORKS
Speaker Left Rear: Green/GreenBlack No Sound/Fuzzy
Speaker Left Front: White/WhiteBlack No Sound/Fuzzy

Subwoofer RCA Output: Right Works, When Left is inserted (both on), Subs go wild (they go into repeat mode sort off and just keep "booming" as if in a loop)

Speakers RCA Output 1 and 2 : No SOUND Right or left output.

If 1 RCA (Right) is inserted in Speakers RCA output 2 (or 1)and 2 RCAs are inserted in Sub RCA output, Subs will run fine. I will still have no sound to speakers though. If I remove that RCA in Speakers output the subs go bezerk again.

Sound system was running fine for 5 months. Internal Amp looks as if it as fried.
Smelled like fried electronics in the car , subwoofers and speakers went bezerk. I removed face plate immediately. There was Burned brown substance under the CD Unit. The ignition wire was fused and it did NOT blow.

Rest of sound system was not the issue, I believe.

Is it possible to short the cd player, blow the amp when the faceplate is not on it and when the ignition wire is fused?

Does my warranty cover this?
What can I do?
What is broken/damaged?

The cd-unit still smells like fried metal.

Thanks for the help,
Phil

P.S. The only upgrade I had done in a matter of a few weeks was changing the 8 gauge wires to my amps to 4 gauge. All was running perfectly fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Slayer77

None, None non Nnoneoneone

Post Number: 12
Furthermore only 4 speakers are/were plugged on the Alpine HU. They are low range kenwoods for the moment.

Username: Tectonic_blue

Post Number: 2
That would be best dealt with using the warranty, the problem sounds pretty serious, possibly a bad connection somewhere. Tell us what happens.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us