Help Help Help Help.....

John
Alpine 7897 vs. 9815...

Hi,

I looking for a Alpine Mp3 Head Unit, I cannot decide on 7897 or 9815? Any help would be appreciated..............

Cost between the both is no concern.

I want to know about the sound quality and security features. I know that the 7897 is a Fantom Face, but some people still know it's there and it gets stolen anyways.

Anyone has experiences or people that get their Fantom Face stolen?????

Many Thanks,

JK

Chippa
DO you have a 4-ch? amp powering your highs?????

John
Hi Chippa,

I only have a 2-Ch 200w Orion amps for my 10" Sub.

I have Infinity Kappa Tweeters in the Front and Kappa 2 ways in the Rear. Powered from the my Head Unit (Old Alpine CDM - ????)

I'm thinking about upgrading to 7897 or a 9815, what do you think??

Many Thanks,

John

Chippa
I recently purchased the Alpine CDA-7995 to replace my 7873. I will put it in this weekend and post a review. This unit has no internal power, it is dedicated soley to pristine sound quality. We'll see!!!!! As for as the 9815 and 7897, you really can't go wrong with either. I've always praised Alpine for their tip top quality. The 7897 will run about $100 more, if price is an object. The 7897 has a few more "bells and whistles"......It really depends on personal preference on the available specs on each one. You will not be dissappointed with either!!!!

Chippa
John.......I have some Kappa 4x6 and 6x9 on order, can't wait to hear them. What sizes do you have and do you like them. Can you tell me their Pro's and Con's. Thanks!!!!!!!!

John
Chippa,

I have a pair of 6.5" Kappa in the rear, they sound just great you will not be disappointed. Are running external power for them? I have used for 5 years and they are still great. No Cons.....

Why didn't you get a H/U that has internal power?

Thanks,

JK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us