This one is open to all the experienced...

KNURD
Unregistered guest
Build me a system that will yield good SQ and average SPL. I have roughly $2000 to spend on a system. Only specs i ask is for 2 subs, 10 or 12 inch, sealed box for an suv, and an amplifier.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4270
need more info
make, model, and year of the SUV, if the price has to include professional installation or just gear, what sort of music you prefer in the car, how much room you'll give up for enclosure, amps, etc... if this includes teh cost of upgrades you may need for the charging system of the car, too..

KNURD
Unregistered guest
2004 Nissan Xterra, willing to spend $2500 w/ installation, I listen to mainly hip-hop, r&b, some alternative, willing to give up no more than half the trunk space...Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 936
wow this opens ALOT of windows :-)

since im not the best at designing complete systems, glasswolf - have some fun here :-)

KNURD
Unregistered guest
2004 Nissan Xterra, willing to spend $2500 w/ installation, I listen to mainly hip-hop, r&b, some alternative, willing to give up no more than half the trunk space. Please recommend a head unit as well...Thanks

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4298
figure $500 to install at a shop.
that leaves 2g

alpine 9833 head unit
MTX Thunder6304 4 channel amp
CDT Classic 6.5" component set in front
CDT Classic 6x9" in rear (2 way)
MTX Thunder81000D mono amp
(2) RE SE 12" subs
4cu ft total net volume, slot vented, tuned to 35Hz
1/0ga power distribution from battery/alternator

that'd be a really sweet system

KNURD
Unregistered guest
would the rear speakers(6x9) be useful although they are located in the trunk where the subs are?

KNURD
Unregistered guest
The only place I can get Resonant Engineering subs are at their website?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4322
some stores sell RE.
you can also buy from their site
you could skip rear fill entirely and bridge a smaller 4 channel amp to two channels to give full power to the front stage.
that'd work too as an alternative.
probably the way I'd do it if it were my car anyway

KNURD
Unregistered guest
Would the shivas be a good sub to use also?

KNURD
Unregistered guest
better yet, which subs would be better in a sealed box, the shivas or the se subs

KNURD
Unregistered guest
Glass, since the SE subs are dual 4ohm I can wire them to be 1ohm or 4ohm. Since u recommended a mono ampp I am assuming that you would run it at 1ohm. How long would this set up last if I ran it at 1ohm? Would wiring it to 4ohms and bridge a 2 channel amp be a good alternative also?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4336
I'd run at 4 ohms, or just use a 2 channel amp with one sub on each channel
the shivas are dual 8 ohm. they'd give you your 2 ohm load on the mono amp, and they only need about 300 watts each so you could step down one model on the mono amp to save a few bucks and get 600w x 1 @ 2 ohms

CrzyMoFo
Unregistered guest
What brands, other than alpine, make good headunits?

Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 2
Eclipse makes really good HU's as well.
Nakamichi are also really good, but not that good looking.

KNURD
Unregistered guest
Has anyone heard the sq of the RE SE subwoofers in a sealed enclosure? How much does a pair cost?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Iv tried to get a price quote but no reply heres the email info@visionaryaudio.com good luck
heres the site...
http://www.visionaryaudio.com/RE.htm
under construction..

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 18
GlassWolf should know if he calced the price of that system, but lets try to figure the ball park.

$2000 bucks to start with,

alpine 9833 head unit ~$375
MTX Thunder6304 4 channel amp ~$250
CDT Classic 6.5" component set in front ~$150
CDT Classic 6x9" in rear (2 way) ~$250
MTX Thunder81000D mono amp ~$360 (cheap online)
(2) RE SE 12" subs

Those are decent deals I found, you can probably find cheaper on EBay. This leaves $615 for the two subs, so probably $300 each.

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 40
last post I read with those RE SE if the are the triple X model is over 400 a piece for 12" I thought

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 42
doh, lol SE and tripleX models aren't the same thing, gah, sorry not fully awake yet :-P

KNURD
Unregistered guest
I need help choosing an amp for two RE SE subwoofers, dvc 4 ohm, 600 w rms. Should I get a mono amp, two channel (bridged or not), or four channel (bridged for sure)? My wiring options are either 1 ohm or 4 ohms, but I will take Glass' advice on wiring to 4 ohms. Please suggest a few amps from companies with good products which will last a while. THANKS!

PCPChrony
Unregistered guest
How much do those subs cost?

PCPChrony
Unregistered guest
How much do those subs cost?

VlVnUs
Unregistered guest
Take a look at JBL

Anonymous

JLB 1200.1 will work

KNURD
Unregistered guest
Where is Glass?

Canon
Unregistered guest
What companies make very good reputable amps? I've heard that Rockford Fosgate makes good amps, but I have also heard that their more recent 2000-present day products have lost a bit of their quality. Please reply, I am thinking about the same set up posted above for my Explorer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us