Getting Power

HELP ME
Unregistered guest
guys i just got a HU from a guy it's a panasonic. here is the problem i got a 87 dodge truck that doesn't have a stero and i don't know how to hook it up(Hu didn't come with directions), because there are no wires for the hu to hook into. so how do i hook it up to a battery or through the fuse box. any help would be great i don't have any money to have a shop install it for me

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 40
Try Running wire directly from the battery, that will be your direct current, that wire on your radios harness is yellow, that will hold your memory and stuff. Next you need switched current, you will require a 12 volt tester for this, you will need to go to your fuse box. find a lead that stays on only when your ignition is on and run that wire to the red wire to your radios harness. Then connect the black wire to under a nut or washer to body of the car, now you should have current. Now you have to run your speakers. On your harness the white and grey wires are for your front speakers and the purple and green are for you rears. man good luck with all of this. if you can all of this I would really just try and save the money to get it professionly done

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 41
Try Running wire directly from the battery, that will be your direct current, that wire on your radios harness is yellow, that will hold your memory and stuff. Next you need switched current, you will require a 12 volt tester for this, you will need to go to your fuse box. find a lead that stays on only when your ignition is on and run that wire to the red wire to your radios harness. Then connect the black wire to under a nut or washer to body of the car, now you should have current. Now you have to run your speakers. On your harness the white and grey wires are for your front speakers and the purple and green are for you rears. man good luck with all of this. if you can all of this I would really just try and save the money to get it professionly done
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us