Which system would be best???

adamchristenson04
Unregistered guest
i have a decision to make please help me...
system 1
amp-hifonics bx1000d 1000rms
subs-2 12" eclipse (500rms each)
cap-sting pro 1.5 farad

system 2
amp-hifonics bx1500d 1500rms
subs-2 kicker s12l7's 750rms each
cap-1.5 farad sting pro

i know system 2 has more watts but would that make it sound louder than system 1. need help and need to make a decision fast. thanks!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 91
I would go with system two. if you want loud azz bass, then i would go with system 2. but system one aint' that bad either man.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 916
system 1 - eclipse makes much better subs than kicker

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 849
System 1 definately for SQ purposes. And they will hit as hard as you would ever want them to. Square subs have a lot of problems and will never have the SQ or excursion capabilities of a round sub. Durability also isn't as good.

adamchristenson04
Unregistered guest
so...which one would sound louder? sq is second next to spl.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 284
probably the second one but who cares how loud it is ive you blow the cones in two months, quality should come before anything. Id go with one just because eclipse is quality and has great SQ with a solid bump to it. You dont really need caps either especially if your only running one amp. If you have dimming problems replace the alternator a cap will only make things worse.

your DADDY
Unregistered guest
your learning grmn high output alt

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 289
hmmmm dont know who you are if your talking about the capacitor thread from a while back i never said a cap would fix the problem I just didnt understand why because from what i have learned in my electrical classes it shouldnt make anything worse as was stated. I was just looking for answers

adamchristenson04
Unregistered guest
k then it sounds like system one is the better of the two, i think i'll go with system 1. i didn't know about eclipse subs and didn't know if they were good or not but now im goin with them. instead of a cap i think i will upgrade my alt thanks for all your help!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us