Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 24
well? do they

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4227
well, yes and no.
not under the Denon name any longer,but Rockford Fosgate head units are rebadged Denons.
They're sometimes referred to in the biz as "Denonford" head units because of this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
o realy I was under the impression that Denon and Clarion where one and the same.

Well how is the quality. and does that mean Denon owns RF or does RF own denon :-)

ps Nice Charger ;) refer to this post for my comments Blaupunkt is the best at cd head units. You will discover why.) LOL

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4232
yeah roadrunners are cool cars.. pure muscle, no frills :-)

and to answer you, neither. Denon is owned by DMC, Inc. Denon-Marantz Corp, Inc. a very large japanese corporation who also own a few other select high end companies like McIntosh Laboratories. As far as I know, they have no affiliation with Clarion or RF other than making the head units for Rockford Fosgate.
The current RF units are very nice with a very simple elegant sort of look to them that you'd expect to see in a car such as a wood trimed Mercedes Benz or a Lexus. They're not overly fancy, but they're good solid head units that perform very well.

thanks for the comments on the Charger. I'm hoping to have teh project done and show-ready in a year or so.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4233
oh, and amusingly enough, my fascination for the '66 Charger came from my father having one as well. His was (is) a 426 hemi that sits shelved now to retain it's value. This 440 project car is going to be a driver though. I'm hoping to squeeze 500-600HP out of it on pump gas when I'm done tearing it down and rebuilding it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
COOL :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us