Distortion: 6" Pioneer TSE (door mounted)

Hi,

The tiny pioneers sounded ace in the store where i bought them and handled huge amounts of bass for their size, but when mounted in my front doors i experience distortion when the volume on my Apline 50 x 4 watt head unit to around 21.

I have similar type 6 x 9's in the back which are externally amped, provide ample amounts of bass and sound excellent.

I've tried using dynamat and mdf mounts for them together and still experience bass distortion.

Should I go for obscene amounts of sound deadening in the front doors or something else? (maybe bass blockers?)

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Mark (UK)

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
sounds more like you need to balance your fader and it sounds like your over driving the 6.5's in your door.
the 6x9's can handle more power and therefore more volume but your door speakers cant because their size so if you decrease your front balance on your fader so you can turn the volume up so everything is more balanced and also you may have your bass level too high and for example i have a sony mobile es deck 35x4 running sony a pair of sony 4x6 in the dash and a pair of sony 6x9's and i run those 4 speakers all off the radio alone and then i have a amplified bazooka 8" tube and a rockford fosgate 10" powered by a rockford punch 150 bridged.
now the settings i use are BASS- negative 4
TREBLE- all the way up
BALANCE- 0 or middle
FADER- 0 or middle
BASS BOOST- level 1 (out of 3)

now that works for my particular vehicle with bass being mostly handled by the rockfords and bazooka and together eveything is balanced out but i dont use or need bass blockers and theres very little times where they are really neccessary. basically even if i didnt have other stuff to provide bass it can still be done on radio alone and you just need to find a proper bass level and fader level to be able to turn up the volume and not over drive anything with bass or volume but just keep in mind anytime you here distortion then that means something is over driven and worse yet when it starts "clipping" and is damaging to but the speaker and amp circuit in an amp or stereo.
if you cant achieve a balance and continue with high volume levels then i would use bass blockers then but more than likely you dont need them.
jay

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 346
a: try using passive filters on the fronts to eliminate anything below about 80-100Hz, with a Q of about 12 to 18dB/octave.

b: the amp in the head unit is probably clipping. try using an external amplifier for more, clean power.

Anonymous

try getting better speakers. pioneer sucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us