Is A Amp worth it?

Username: Isenki

Post Number: 1
I recently installed a pair of 30W 4 Ohm speakers with a max wattage of 300W. When choosing an amp is it correct that I need the channel output to be equal to or greater than 30W @ 4 Ohms and a max power output of the amp to be equal to or greater than 600W for the best quality sound? The amps I am currently looking at are the Alpine BBX-T600 or Kenwood KAC-PS702EX but am open to opinions and recommendations.

Username: Traceyevans

Post Number: 1
Yes, it is generally a good idea to match the power output of your amplifier to the power handling capacity of your speakers.

In this case, it would be a good idea to choose an amplifier with a channel output of at least 30 watts at 4 ohms and a maximum power output of at least 600 watts. This will help ensure that you get the best sound quality and avoid damaging your speakers.

Both the Alpine BBX-T600 and Kenwood KAC-PS702EX would be suitable choices for your speakers, as they both meet the criteria of having a channel output of at least 30 watts at 4 ohms and a maximum power output of at least 600 watts.

However, it's worth noting that the total power output of an amplifier is not the only factor that determines its performance. Other factors such as the amplifier's design, quality of components, and overall build quality can also affect its sound quality and reliability.

So, in addition to considering the power output and impedance ratings, it's a good idea to read reviews and do some research to make sure you are getting a high-quality amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us