How's this sound

i'm on a pretty tight budget so i've been lookin around alot and readin reviews.....how's this sound?

a jl 12W0 (125 watt RMS) in a bandpass box with a bridged Jensen 2-Channel 300-Watt MOSFET Amplifier (150 watt RMS)

then i hope to find a few 6.5" cerwin vegas on clearance or watever for the front and/or rear speakers.....any suggestions here since i probly wont find vegas on clearance anywhere?

as for a head unit im probly gonna go kenwood since the car came with a kenwood rf changer in the trunk.....would the sub make the changer skip??...maybe i'll just rip out the changer n find a different head unit.....thoughts, comments, suggestions?? thanks

ok, here's what i've come up with

JL 12W3-D4 - 250 watt RMS - bandpass box
Jensen XA2125 amp - 350 watt RMS bridged at 4 ohm

does the DVC change impedence or something?

5.25 cerwin vegas in the front
6.5 cerwin vegas in the rear

kenwood or sony xplod head unit....not sure on that yet......i got 5.25's for the front b/c the head unit is like 22watt RMS n the speakers ae 50-60 will there be any difference if i just get 6.5's all around

thanks

JSD
How about this NO BAND PASS BOX they are crap i tell you get the wo and put it in a sealed or ported ported and bandpass are two difrent things jl in my opinion suck in a band pass box i know from experience

Anonymous
dvc changes your power handling and your ohms on the speaker. like a 15"cerwin vega vega series is 500rms at 4ohms The dvc is 250rms per voice coil has 2 coils and can run on 1 coil at 4 ohms or bridged and run on both at 2ohms to each coil its got something to do with how they wire it on the inside of the magnet. like take a 1000watt amp max.thats 500*2max at 4ohms. bridge it and you got 250*2 at 2ohm equals out to 500rms

bdm
Don't go with the sony head unit. Kenwood isn't the best but it's better than alot of other brands. Get rid of the bandpass idea and go with a sealed box. I would also suggest going with a different amp. But if your on a low budget theres not much you can do. If you don't have the money for a good amp, and box I would just concider waiting untill you did have the money so you won't regret it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us