No power to my amp

Username: Brucetrue

Post Number: 1
so i spent hours trying to install a new amp and subs in my wife’s car but i cannot get power. i’ve checked and changed to fuse on the power cable and made sure all wires are ran correct and that the ground is sanded and secure. there is def power in the power cord but the amp doesn’t turn on. so i then went and bought a sub/amp combo box from kicker. comes with everything all nice and easy step by step and sane thing. i don’t understand. i didn’t use any of the wiring i first installed seeing as the kicker setup comes with all of its own. so the only two things that both wiring kits have in common is the ground and the remote wire which is ran properly to my head unit (kenwood KDC-255U). can someone please help?

Bronze Member
Username: Lottathought

Post Number: 24
You need to confirm what you think that you know and you need an Ohmmeter.
You need to test each run to confirm that it is connected as you think. Maybe...for whoever knows....you are not actually connecting to a grounded location. Maybe, something looks good but can't pass current.

Then you need to bench test the amp. Does it come on when you have it out of the car? Did you check the fuse?
It is simply not possible to not have an amp kick on if it is in good working order and has everything that it needs connecting.

Bronze Member
Username: Lottathought

Post Number: 25
I just saw your post date. Hope you got it fixed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts