When I turn my radio up, the sound goes out completely.

Username: Bunnybillions

Post Number: 1
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200C. I just bought the car. When I originally got it the radio was the stock radio. The radio would come on, connect Bluetooth, my back up camera worked, etc. But when I turned the radio up, NO SOUND. I had the radio replaced, the tech. told me something was wrong with the amp in the car. He ordered me and JVC touch screen and installed it. He told me he "couldn't find the amp." So he "bypassed it."
So now I have sound in my radio, but as soon as I turn it up past 20, the speakers go off. Nothing, no sound. Nothing. What do I do? I had the speakers rewired with larger wire and still no change. PLEASE HELP.

Username: Kj42

Türkiye

Post Number: 3
Hello mate,

I am sorry for you having this kind of problem, I hope you were able to solve your problem by now but in any case, I will try to help.

According to what I understand from your problem;
-Have already tried two head units,
-Changed the wires
-Getting sound from speakers up to a certain level

If the problem was with the speakers, you most probably won't get any sound from them.
Your car's audio system should be able to power your speakers to the maximum volume the head unit offers.
The only thing that comes to my mind is that the head unit is not able to get enough power from your battery to run your speakers as they should.

Since it is 2015 Chrysler, the battery should have changed until now by 1 or 2 times. Are they old or new? Can you confirm it?
Also as a last try, you may actually try your system with a new pair of speakers.

I am very curious about the actual problem you are having and if your techs can able to find it, can you leave a comment on this address?

https://speakersfocus.com/car-speakers/

I will be looking forward to it.

Hope this helps you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help