Subwoofer level variations throughout frequencies (Help!)

Username: Hugopascoal7

Post Number: 1
Hello, I would like to know why exacly my subwoofers are less audible when hitting lower frequencies then higher ones. It becomes unconfortable to my ears when it switches rapidly from diferent frequencies like if someone was turning up and down the volume nob of the sub between frequencies. Would also like to know, if possible, how to fix this kind of issue. Keep in mind this happens to most of subs i have listened to no matter if its a home sub or car sub, etc. Thanks!

Username: Mrwallyman

Burnsville, MN United States

Post Number: 1
Without knowing more about your setup it is impossible to say for sure what the problem is but it certainly sounds to me like you have never heard a subwoofer installed into a custom made enclosure that has been built according to the size/vent etc.that good software will specify. I had experienced similar results back when I first was learning to build sub boxes for my cars and I just built the box whatever random size I decided to build it and the vent however long (I had an 8" generic piece of $#1+ from Wal-Mart in a box I built weigh something like 4 or 5ft3and the slot vent was over 100" long, only .5" wide and 2"tall). If I remember right notes around like 200hz were loud but everything else was non-existent. I later built a box according to what winisd specified for a flat response curve and it at least made all the bass notes from 40hz up into mid bass, around 300hz audible, even tactile. The enclosure has the ability to make or break any sub; a cheap piece o' xxxx sub from wally world in a properly built and tuned enclosure can sound better than a $400 beast in a poorly built and improperly designed enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us