Blaupunkt Travelpilot NX shutdown itself after startup

Username: Fourohfour

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have a strange problem with my Ford Sat-Nav of type "Travelpilot NX" (7" Touchscreen). The unit starts after applying power and pushing the ON-tipper but shut itself off after 3-5 seconds. After that, it could be powered on two times but with the exact same issue, then it must be disconnected from power to start over again. I've tested this inside and outside car, with laboraty power supply only, whith the same result.

What i've done so far was to change the often failing RAM-Chips, the EEPROM, the front part with display and graphics board, with no success. The problem must be inside the motherboard, because swapping the front panel to another radio of the same type works. Also the unit it able to play music even if the display shuts off, so it must be an HMI-processor only (OMAP5948) issue. I guess something is not as the proc expected and therefore restarts and after three time shutdown itself.
The HMI proc, the radio-Proc and the display-proc are separate systems which only talk toanother. If there is no conversation, they keep the latest set state.

So, if anyone knows how to fix this issue, or where to look after, it would be great to contact me. I'm not willing to spend a few hundred bucks for a simple damaged part, so giving it to a repair spot is not an option for me :-)

THX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us