Help!!

Username: Jonmontague

Post Number: 1
I have a 2-channel GM-5500T 820 watt pioneer amp and I am getting 2 Pioneer TSW261S4 10-Inch Champions. Can this Amplifier handle these speakers safely and are the subs ok to connect to this amp? Thank you for any help provided

Username: Juan_xtc_steenkamp

Johannesburg, Gautwng South Africa

Post Number: 5
Dont see why not.
Would be better if you can get TSW261-D4 Subs x2.Amp does not support 2 Ohm when channels are bridged.Making it 1x channel.
Output= 190Watt (RMS) per Channel 380Watt (RMS) @ 2 Ohm Sub bridge connection.
TS-W261 S4 will only be powered by 2x 125Watt (RMS) per channel at 4 Ohm (TS-5500t)

D4 = 2x(Dual) 4 Ohm voice coils. You gonna bridge each Sub. Taking 4 Ohm x2 reading down to 2 Ohm x1. By Doing this you are pissing off the Amp.Resulting in more Power....Connecting each sub on a channel. 190 Watts RMS output per Sub at 2 Ohm. Gonna be surprised by these Subs.
Been using Pioneer for many Years. Never let me down ones.
Please dont use a pre-Build box(Universal Box).....They are Useless and Disappointing. And not build to your specs for Subs.

You need a 2.2 cu/ft Superwood(16mm-20mm) Box. With 2x 100mm PVC Ports.Flaired on Both sides to remove windnoise created by Subs when turned up.

800mm(W)x 300mm(H)x 270mm(D). = 2.28 cu/ft.

Keep the box Square on all sides. No slanted panels.

Subs on each side of front panel. On left and right edge of box. 2x 100mm Ports in centre of box also on front panel. With a gap of about 30mm between edge of front panel and port.Top and bottom.

Going inside box. You need extra 2 panels bolted down on top, bottom and back panels. Extra support on panels.(Less Flexing of wood). These panels must leave a gap of +/- 40mm between front panel and support panel leaving a path for airflow from Subs to Ports.Port should be 200mm long and support panels 200mm.

When all is fitted inside box.You will see that the 2x support panels and 2x Ports overlap each other a lot. This is just slowing down travel speed on "Air" Exiting Box via Ports. Not moving in a staight line anymore.Going Zig Zag.

I like fitting extra support panels. But this time the gap is going to be between "back panel" and "support panel" to let pressure out.Making distance for the air longer before exiting.

And then another panel leaving a gap at front panel.(Try Spacing panels 100% from each other. Giving the "air generated" from each Sub exactly the same Distance and Path To travel.
By doing this inside box.I can Guarantee you a much better Base Delivery "INSIDE" your Vehicle.Not so much for everyone else not sitting inside your vihicle. My Single 10" inch Sub Box I just finished has a Total of 23 pieces of 16mm Superwood Panels.No Sidewall flex at all. Feels like a piece of cement when you knock on box. Designed the Box for Maximum Traveling Distance for"Air Pressure" to Exit Box.leading to a shitload of Base being produced imediately.On Some cars the Further you walk away from The car in front. Then only you start feeling and hearing Base. Shaking everything to pieces inside car but producing Base 20 meters away from car.

Creating Extra Traveling Distance inside box produces base where it is supposed to be produced.
Another "Must Have" is a Parametric Cross Over. (Graphic Pre-amp Equalizer). Boosting your RCA output Voltage to +/- (11 Volts RMS).
Just fitted a "Starsound Digital" (SSQ-EQ-7100) 7- Band Graphic Equalizer Pre-Amp With Sub Gain and Sub Frequency Adjustment. The difference in Sound Quality and Gain over whole system is unbelievable... Think about it. Pioneer also Manufacture them. A bit Pricy thow. Well I Hope you are Successful in your Sound Journey. Strongs.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us