Car speakers dont sound very crisp

Username: Mitchellreece

Post Number: 1
Hi guys, i recently purchased a new audio system for my car as the stock speakers were cracked. I had a hard time as i didnt want to spend much om my audio system as i didnt expects great quality just to be able to listen half decent while driving. I bought these speakers :
2 x sony xs-fb1330 for back
2 x sony xs-fb1730 for front

They are the same speakers but back are 5" and front are 6"

Audio system i bought sony dsx-a400bt as i thought it was sufficient for the speakers

But i notice that my friends seat ibiza stock speakers have a lot more bass and it made me realize my audio system was quite awful. I also maintained the stock tweeters to get some upper sound at the front as my speakers are fitted in the bottom of the door panel.

Any ideas to what i can do to improve it? I think the speakers should sound a lot better, i have a small bluetooth speaker at home and it has more bass then my car haha, and this speaker only cost me 20 euros.

I have tried equalizing and it makes the sound a little better but still does not match any modernish car sound. I think my speakers must be superior to stock car speakers at least. I dont have an amp. I was thinking of fitting a subwoofer in the boot as the high frequencies seem to be fine.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as i have read you guys have a lot of experience.

Thanks!

Username: Moses_greene

Post Number: 1
These are some of the best aftermarket car speakers in case you need alternatives:
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us