Just had amp installed. Question about the settings.

Username: Jkc3usc

Post Number: 1
Novice sorry. I have kicker 2 twelve's in a ported box with a jx 1000/1d amp pushing them. I looked at the way the amp was set when I got home. My head unit bass is turned all the way down. The amp bass boost is turned all the way up? The gain is maybe half way if that. The crossover at 80hz.

I have read a lot of mixed things on bass boost? is this correct or do I need to get someone that knows how to tune amp adjust.

Again thanks for your help!

Username: Teakas12

Post Number: 2
You should first set the gain before anything, also would turn down the bass boost until after gain is set. For instance say your amp is 1000w rms and your subs are 350w rms each that would be 700 watts rms. There is an equation to reach desired power by using a dc voltmeter. Equation is desired power(watts rms of speakers) multiplied by the ohms at the amp, you take the answers square root and thats the targeted voltage for your gain. The equation would look like this 700 watts rms(desired power) x 2 (2ohms)= 1400. The square root of 1400 is 37.42. That is the target voltage for 700W rms (pretty close). Now that we now our targeted voltage for the gain you can set the amp. first you are going to have to download a 50hz or 60hz test tone that is about 3-5 mins long or play off youtube. Now what you want to do is fade out or disconnect all other speaker hookups so only your sub amp is receiving audio signal from head unit, now disconnect the sub and hook up voltmeter where the sub wire would be pos to pos, neg to neg and turn on the voltmeter. Now you will want to turn the gain all the way down. Now play that tone you have at full volume(which is why you disconnected the speakers) and turn the gain up until it hit the targeted voltage in this case is 37.42 volts. If you have anymore questions I can try to help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us