Two or four tweeters?

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 82
I recently upgraded the sound system in my sedan which consists of:

1 set of JL Audio ZR650 component speakers being powered by a JL HD 600/4

1 JL Audio 12w7 in ported H.O. box powered by a JL 1000/1 v2

Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-X3700UI

The component set is being used as the front stage, there is no rear stage or back door speakers.

I plan on purchasing another set of JL ZR650 components and would like to place these in some custom made kick pods. Im paying close attention to the imaging and will aim these accordingly. I dont have a dsp at the moment to work with time delay, but will eventually get to that.

My current tweeters are flush mounted below the sail panels and I don't want to ruin the sound stage by placing the new tweeters in the pods below.

My question is: Would it be ok to just stick with one pair of tweeters? Is one pair more than enough to blend in with four mids? Would I be missing out by not installing the second pair of tweeters?

I would place them in the doors but can't find any suitable spot for them.

Thanks for your input guys

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 3091
Yo. One pair should be enough. In fact I wouldn't install a second pair unless you have them on separate DSP channels. Imaging can get really finnicky when you start adding a lot of drivers, even with DSP to back it up! Focus on installing the drivers you have to get the best sound.

-Andre
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us