Clifford XL4000 issues

Username: Jrovirosa

MONTCLAIR, California United States

Post Number: 1
Bought my '97 Mustang in '99 with this alarm already installed so it's up there in years and am wondering if that's part of the reason why it's acting up. The car has been driven less than a hundred miles a year for probably the last 10 years and the battery frequently goes low or dead and needs to be charged. Because the alarm is triggered when the battery gets too low, I always remove the inline fuse when the car won't be driven for a while.

A couple of years ago, the alarm stopped chirping when using the fob and the car could only be started by arming the alarm system. Most recently, after charging the battery the status led stayed lit and the car would not start no matter what. After setting the system to valet mode, the led is now off but the siren blares when the fuse is reinstalled. New battery installed in the fob, cannot disarm the system once the siren goes off. Also noticed that the auto unlock feature was enabled after I set the valet mode.

First question is, assuming the processor for the system isn't fried, is there a sequence of buttons I need to push or a hidden fuse I need to replace to fix this? There's zero info online and Clifford was no help the last time I tried calling them.

And if this thing is toast, would anyone have a wiring diagram for the system so I can remove it? Would rather rely on the factory PATS anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us