Car cd player not working, due to child!

Giles Nugent
My son put a coin in our car cd player. Needless to say, it won't work any more.
Anyone have a suggestion for how to get the coin out? Tipping the car on end doesn't seem like the best solution.

Remove the radio from the car, then take the casing off and remove the coin carefully.
Do not insert anything trying to remove the coin, as you'll end up damaging the laser pickup, and then you're looking at a new radio.
you'll need some small screw drivers, but it's a pretty easy job overall.

Anonymous

I have the same problem. My son put a coin in my car CD player. I have a Honda CRV and was told that I have to have the whole dash removed to get the CD player out. The dealership wants to charge me a ton to do this and others don't really want to touch it. I don't suppose there is any alternative?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1456
find someone willing to do the work in their off time, or find a friend to do it for you or do it yourself..
that's about it

Tyler
Unregistered guest
Not hard to take part of your dash off.. just need a screwdriver.

Anonymous

I have the same problem, a coin in the CD rom by my dear son. Mine is Honda accord 99. The anti-theft is bothering me. How can I get around it when take the part off?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 34
Remove the son, lol

Anonymous

What was funny about that stupid comment michael??
Anonymous one day when you have time to do it just take your time and work with it until you figure out how to get it out. And when you get mad just go in the house and calm down for a bit a try again repeat those steps until its out.

Anonymous

Have similar problem. Used the car (Honda CRV) on rough road and CD jammed, showing CD Err.
Any suggestions on what to do? Dealer not sure what to do either.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4226
you need to have the power reset on the CD player for that one, which with the Honda means you'll need to have the security code re-entered as well once power is reset.

Patti
Unregistered guest
Daughter put a quarter in the CD player on a 99 Tahoe - haven't tried taking the player out yet, but I assumed that's what I would have to do. Does anyone know how big of a job it is?

Anonymous

I have a Rampage auto CD player and I can't get my clock to work. We've already tried the reset button. We've tried the T/F (Time/Frequency) button and using the tuning arrows as stated in the owners manual. PLEASE HELP!
We've exhausted our efforts. Any Ideas?
WISE CRACKS NEED NOT REPLY!

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 507
Try taking it back and get a new one that one may be damaged.

Ann/Fort Worth
Unregistered guest
I have a 99 Honda Accord V6-I put in a CD and it shows PEU? then spits out the CD. Any idea what needs to be done to fix it?

Username: Darenwr9

England

Post Number: 1
hi Ann, what make / model is your unit?

Ann/Fort Worth
Unregistered guest
only name on the unit is Honda.

Unregistered guest
Hi daren got the same problem with cd from prelude 97 peo code then spit out???

sn# 96E10087 model :jh2611a

Username: Darenwr9

England

Post Number: 2
TRY THIS LINK. HAVENT CHECKED OUT WHOLE WEB SITE BUT SEEMS TO BE A LIKELY AVENUE FOR YOU TO PERUSE.
IF NOT, YOU'LL PROBABLY FIND IT INTERESTING ANYWAY.
www.preludecrazy.com/mylude/modsdone.php
CHEERS
DAZ

Gilles
Unregistered guest
Check this

http://www.members.shaw.ca/FifthGenTSB1/00-015.Audio%20Unit%20Error%20Codes.pdf

PaulandCDs
Unregistered guest
I have a Rampage auto CD player that I just installed. Everything works but the CD player and the funny thing is I don't see any "error" message. All I get on the display is "CD" with the disc image ... Can anyone help???

Anonymous

I have a 1999 Pathfinder Nissan and all of a sudden while listening to a CD in my car, it says "Err"...any CDs I place in the player displays this message (note: in other CD players, these CDs work, therefore something wrong with this player). Any suggestions on what to do?

Anonymous

My dad bought me a car and i have a Rampage ACD22 CD player, and i don't know how to set the time, because i didn't get an owners manual with it. Can someone help me out and tell me how to set the time. Can you emil me back.

Unregistered guest
i have a sony CDX - M9900 and my battery was flat so i had to change me battery cuse son left lights on and i havent got a security code can some onje help me (i ant got ne documents wid it it is seconed hand)

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 473
What's with kids and CD players? It seems all of them want to put quarters in it.
As for the "Err" message, try getting a CD lens cleaner. Sometimes it helps.
For Sony security problem, you'll have to try the store where you bought the unit. You could try contacting Sony for support but those guys are too busy counting their money.
For Patti, it's not a big job, just need patience and time to get the cd player out.

Unregistered guest
I have a cd player that came with the car. the car is a camry. the radio works but the cd player will not work. i have been told that all i need to do is enter a code. does anyone have any information about this or how i can get the code.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a used 1999 Toyota Camry, with combination AM/FM Radio/Cassettte/CD player. Everything works fine, except the CD player. It takes the CD in, and a message saying "TR- " appears, without playing the CD. I was told TR stands for TRACK #; however, the unit does not play the CD, and after a few seconds it sends out the CD. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

98 Prelude
Unregistered guest
My CD player says Err-3 when it is turned, I bought the car like this, I have the correct (or what I think is the correct) code for it, do I need to unplug the car battery, then punch in the new code? Any help would be great, thanks

98 Prelude
Unregistered guest
My Car is the 1998 Prelude, btw, heh (Factory System)

Jennyt14
Unregistered guest
Sister (not kid for once) put a computer cd into cd player of 97 Toyota camry. It recognizes that there is a cd inside but won't eject it; tries to read it. Toyota said I would have to send it off to be fixed or buy a new one--- is there any easier way? I would hate to have to spend more money on a stereo I just bought.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
Jennyt14, try this. Hold down the eject button for few seconds. If you're lucky, it'll shoot out the computer cd, if not, look for a small emergency hole on the cd player. It might look like a pin hole. Use a paper clip to push it.
If you don't have that, then you will most likely have to open up the radio/cd player in your car and take the cover off. Then carefully remove the cd.
Toyota is pretty stupid. Send the unit off for repair/buy a new one? Are they mad?

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure there are no coins or foreign objects in my 98 Accord's cd-player however I keep getting the PE-O code and it spits the CD out. I tried a CD cleaner but there was no point in that bc the cd won't even stay inside. Suggestions? Trying to avoid the dealership. Is there a reset code or a security code involved?

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 87
Don't waste your money buying a Rampage because they are basically trash. Try upgrading to a better HU. I'm serious, Rampage make some sloppy ill=featured cd players

Unregistered guest
By accident a CD was placed in my CD player in my car with lotion on it. The CD player does not work now. Does anyone think I should bother getting a CD cleaner, or should I just throw it out. It was an expensive player and I hate to waste things. Has anyone ever run into a situation like this before?

Jennyt14
Unregistered guest
No emergency hole on my cd player, which was one of the first things I looked for. I guess factory models don't have one? Anyway, how do you open up the cd player? just take a screwdriver and lever it to pop out the front?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2250
Jennyt14, it'll take more than a screwdriver. You will have to pull out the cd player and take the cover off. Then you will be able to pop the cd out of the platter.
Most HUs require a special tool to remove it from the dashboard. Some are just snapped in, which case, a screwdriver will come in handy. It all depends on your car.

shari
Unregistered guest
i have a accord sport 1.8 vtec (2001). i jus bot a pioneer cd/mp3 playa an cant get the dam standard honda cd player off. any suggestions ????

cheers

Username: Rico159

I recently bought a used 98 toyota camry with fm/cd combo stereo. Unfortunately it is missing some of the preset buttons. The dealer originally told me he would replace them but know says he cant find them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find these buttons? Thanks for any help.

Rajbull
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Honda CRV. The battery went dead and when i jump started it somehow reset the audio system. Now it is asking for a code.

Does anyone know what and how to enter the code. Its a Genuine Honda audio system

Anonymous

I bought a new legacy cd player but it won't read the cd. What do I do?

How2do
Unregistered guest
TO ALL:

This is what you need - "Car Stereo Help Removal Guide":

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLandRover.htm

Unregistered guest
I have a 4-5 year old sony indash cd player that quit working after I installed it in a'94 saturn.I have installed this unit in 3 different cars without a problem, but this time I removed the front and painted it to match my dash. When I put it back together, it was dead!! I have power to the unit,and all of my connections are correct. Have I activated an anti theft?

Kim87
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Pineoneer CD player for my 95 Nissan Maxima. I'm trying to install it myself without having to pay for someone to do it. I took the cover of the factory cd player off and I don't know how to get the second part out

Can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
When I insert a CD into my 1997 Honda Prelude I get a P-EO message and then the CD ejects. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Unregistered guest
i have a 95 honda civic. I installed my rampage acd-22 , with a wiring harness kit. After I installed the radio thier was 1 wire left in the harness, the wire that was left was a orange wire that is called (Dimmer Positive) My radio and CD player works fine but thier are no lights?? did i miss a step?? I can't see my radio at night time. can some one help

eee
Unregistered guest
tyguan you need to connect the orange wire up, every vehicle i've installed a hu in has had a spot for the dimmer wire, especially if you have a wiring harness. O and btw, the dimmer is directly responsible for the lights.

icewave8
Unregistered guest
Just bought a Pioneer Premier 670mb, anyway hooked everything up and everything worked fine. Then one morning got in the car and the radio was not working, well was working but could not hear anything out of the speakers. The cd has sound when being played. Tried connecting the antenna wire again and still not working. any suggestions.
thanks, Shane

Unregistered guest
eee
connect it to where????
that's the only free wire and it's live
what do i connect it too??

Unregistered guest
eee
connect it to where????
that's the only free wire and it's live
what do i connect it too??

Unregistered guest
i have a corolla 97dx with cassette player, any one have any suggestion on how to remove the cassette player, because i want to get a cd player installed.

yale
Unregistered guest
I have 2002 Toyo Camry with a 6 disc changer stereo factory installed. I never had a problem w/stereo. Turn on the car one day ( after vacation)and only 2 of 6 speakers work, stereo won't turn off, none of the programmable buttons work, cd will only eject out but can't play them or insert them. The car sat for two weeks (on vaction) do you think the heat had anything to do with it?

nd
Unregistered guest
Need security code to reset cd player after battery replaced. Does anyone know where to find that? It's not in the Honda Accord manual.

Missing my music
Unregistered guest
I have a '99 Honda Accord and the CD player recently started cutting out of songs every 6 seconds or so and making a lovely crackling/fuzz noise. The radio works just fine, so it's not the speakers, and the player has the same problem with many different CDs. I tried using a lens cleaning CD and it had no effect. Does anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it???

Unregistered guest
For nd: try looking in the glove compartment of the car for a 5 digit num (ex 15321) this is where most dealers put the code. if there is no code, then GO (cant call) the dealer where you bought it and they will give you the code.

for missing my music: sounds like you may have an amplifier (either built in or external) going out, or wiring gone bad.....does the radio work? best bet is to go to Circuit City to the Roadshop dept., and they can diagnose it for you for free, but they will try to sell you new radio. (i know, i work there) but at least then you will know the problem.

jhcruise
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 accord with the original 6-disc cd player. It is beginning (1 in 5) to fail in reading/detecting any cd and spits it out with the message "disk". I have used a cd cleaner and no improvement. The dealer has no clue and wants $850+ to replace it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Own a Honda CRV "99 and the cd player intermittendly spits out the cd with "error"posted on the panel. Have cleaned the cd's but sstill have the problem. Is there something ican get to clean the cd player itself?Signed, very frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have 1998 Pathfinder and my child put some coins in the CD player. I removed the CD player and got all the coins out, but after installing the CD back, nothing display on the display panel(clock, rodio station, CD etc), also I don't see that the CD player has power. But the Cassettplayer and the radio works. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong? Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

I have a 99 Honda CRV and it won't play my cdr's. It will play a regular store bought cd with no problems, but when you put in a cdr it just spins with no sound, or just spits out the cd. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....dealership says its not a cd player problem, and that Honda's are particular about the cdrs...

Unregistered guest
ok i have a 2001 prizm and when i was driving
my cd player stop workin and my 12v plug wont work how can i get that stuff back working

Anonymous

CD got struck into my car audio CD player when I started my car [Toyoto Camry 02]..How can I get out the CD from player. Any suggestion as how to get out the CD ? Appreciate

Anonymous

Honda factory cd players won't play cd-r's. If you have the money, you can replace it with a model made by USA Spec, which will play both audio cd-r's and mp3 cd's (see Crutchfield).

Unregistered guest
I have a 98 sebring and i hooked up all my wires and the am/fm works but the cd playes but no sound. It a Alpine 9827? Help me please asap

Unregistered guest
I have a 1997 Honda Civic Ex and it has no cd player or cassette. I have a 1995 Vw Jetta III Glx and it has a 6 cd changer in the trunk. Is there a way to install it in the Honda even though its for a vw? If so, where do i figure out how to install it and what do I do?
Thanx
becka

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1757
It won't work unless you swap out the headunit as well.

Unregistered guest
i got a 97 honda civic hatchback, have a kenwood deck installed, worked fine for months, but last week i took it out cause the antanna cord unhooked, i unpluged it, and hooked it all up, and now the thing won't work, tryed everything, the kenwood deck don't have a code or anything you have to put in, as far as i know. fuse is fine, and everything. but it's odd i get only 4.8 volts when i put a meter on the power wires. if anyone have a clue what to do, be great. thanks
Ryan

Anonymous

My cd player is playing songs but the song doesn't play right.
How do I fix??
It is a Honda Accord 1995 EX

Unregistered guest
I have an 02 Civic DX-G and i find that the CD player likes to "scratch" and skip during hard brakeing, sharp cornering or even during acceleration. Also I find that once its been in use for a while (about an hour or so) it begins to sound "scratchy" and that whenever i eject a cd it feels REALLY hot as well as sometimes when searchign between tracks (say going from track six to eight) it can take up to a minute or two before the cd player sstarts to play the track.... Anybosy else having these issues>?< i'm considering installing an aftermarket deck, but i think maybe its the fact that these cd players are in the civics on an angle that causes the sound distortion...

Unregistered guest
Hi all I recently changed my battery on my VW Polo (w reg) and now my cassette player which is factory fitted asks for a code to turn on. i dont have the code and when i called the dealer they ask for £49 to reset the the code
is there any way i can get around the code or will i have to fork out £49 for turning on my own cassette player. any suggestion guys??

Bronze Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 35
get a new one

Unregistered guest
I have a rather long post so.. here goes..

I have a 1990 Beretta GT w/AC.. It came with a pioneer CD player that worked up until the front left speaker started to buzz.. Me and a friend changed out the two rear speakers with a couple of diff. speakers. One was a Cerwin-Vega RED, the other was an Infinity and if those weren't in there than there was a pioneer 120W along with one of the other ones I mentioned. The stock speakers were from an 88 celeb so I imagined the only REAL thing left in the beretta was the wiring. Well, my speakers stopped working one day and began to hum and buzz. When the break pedal was pressed, it worked. However, when it was let off, it was all static. Now, if I don't turn the car ALL the way on, they buzz. Anyway, I just recently bought 2 Jensen 6x9's, 2 rockford fosgate 12" subs and a rampage CD player (100 bucks, can't beat the deal)...

Come to find out that the moron who sold me the car ended up splicing a new wiring harness (into stereo) on the car, which is what we figured was the problem. So, we took off BOTH harnesses (to the rampage and car) and spliced them together. I'm powering up, however, i'm getting NO sound. Before, it was at least buzzing. Now, it's not doing anything. It shows a blank LCD screen and that's all. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or what may be the problem. We've considered rewiring the entire car, but, that's a last resort. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
My 1999 Honda Accord EX has been having sound problems so I decided to change the speakers ... turns out that that wasn't the problem. My "genius" mechanic decided to take the entire radio out and have a look. When he plugged it back in it said E-02 and completely died. HELP! I don't know what to do and I lost my manual so I don't have any ideas.

Unregistered guest
My 1999 Honda Accord EX has been having sound problems so I decided to change the speakers ... turns out that that wasn't the problem. My "genius" mechanic decided to take the entire radio out and have a look. When he plugged it back in it said E-02 and completely died. HELP! I don't know what to do and I lost my manual so I don't have any ideas.

Unregistered guest

theos_mom
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem that jhcruise posted on Aug 25, 2005: "I have a 2001 accord with the original 6-disc cd player. It is beginning (1 in 5) to fail in reading/detecting any cd and spits it out with the message "disk". I have used a cd cleaner and no improvement. The dealer has no clue and wants $850+ to replace it. Any suggestions?" I did not see any replies with help to this message so I thought I'd ask again...

Enei
Unregistered guest
I have a Buick Lasabre (sp?) 1993. All of a sudden,the CD player will not play CDs. It gives out an error message W??? and then pops the CD out. I have no idea what's up. Can anyone tell me what I should do. I bought a CD cleaner but that doesn't seem to work. What about moisture? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 757
time for a new radio, somtimnes things just go bad after awhile.

TNA
Unregistered guest
New problem.. I ditched the rampage and bought myself a nice sony xplod CD player with remote and now there's actual sound coming from my speakers! ...well, the right channel, anyway.. the left speaker, though brand new JVC 6x9 still isn't emitting any type of sound.. I've also attempted to hook up my two rockford fosgate 12" subs and those aren't powering, either.. I am SERIOUSLY beginning to think my car is posessed.. any suggestions?

TNA
Unregistered guest
jensen, 6x9, I mean.. sorry for the typo

Unregistered guest
I tried to replace my toyota radio/cassette on avalon 97 with a JVC CD/MP3 player. Had to cut the wires to connect. But the CD player did not work. It comes to life, say "see you" and then goes dead. When I tried to reinstall the radio/cassette after connecting the wires, it went dead. Can anyone tell me why?

Anonymous

Hi
My 2001 Honda civic battery died (because I left the lights on) and now the radio/CD player just says Code. Does anyone know how to reset it?

Unregistered guest
I have a 2002 Honda CRV EX and I cannot get the clock on the in-dash 6 CD Changer to set. I follow the directions, but the time display is simply always blinking (and wrong). The CD player works great, as well as the cassette. The blinking is to drive me mad. Suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Hey Anonymous- look for a 5-digit code printed inside your glove box. That should be the code to get your system going again.

tequilafied
Unregistered guest
I have a Premier DEH-P850MP deck and it will not power on. But when I shut my car off the detachable face security alarm beeps, like it usually would, and the face will come down a little to allow me to take it off. Is my deck just shot??

Unregistered guest
Hi, we have a camry CSX.the cd player is a factory thingy. thing is,the cd player was working before. then it didn't like cd-r discs,now it won't take original music cds. what has happened and how can we fix this.it won't play the discs it just spits it out.

EW
Unregistered guest
i got a new battery in my car, now my cd player asks for a code, where do i get a code from

Anonymous

Hey B's Baby:
Turn the radio on, then you'll see "CODE" on the readout, enter your anti-theft code that came with the car (on a platic card), it'll unlock, beep, and you can then follow the instructions for setting the clock.

Username: Nmaweu

Nairobi, Nairobi Kenya

I just connenct my Car Stereo Radio. The Cassette is ok, but the CD-player displays a Err message. What could be the proble. Please assist.

Username: Ziana

hi,
My son put a coin in my car CD player. I have a Sienna minivan 2004 and was told that I have to have the whole dash removed to get the CD player out. The dealership wants to charge me a ton to do this and gonna charge me $800.Do you have any idea for this???? Please help me ...

Username: Suradeep

Bankstown, Nsw Australia

I AM HAVING A TOYOTA COROLLA 2001 MODEL CAR,WHILE FIXING UP A BATTERY SET THE SET IS NOW SHOWING SEC ON THE SCREEN FOR THE SECURITY CODE ,I KNOW THE SECURITY CODE AS 194 BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ENTER IT SINCE I HAVE NOT GOT ANY MANUAL.PLEASE HELP

Username: Blockhead

Crownsville, MD United States

2002 honda civic, battery died, now radio needs reset code, bought car used, no manual

Username: Daljo

Post Number: 2
hAS ANYONE REMOVED THE CD PLAYER FROM dAEWOO MATIZ. I havtried four pieces of straight wire to trgger the release of latches but doesnt seem to work. id like to see, or have discibed to me to shape of the proper release levers. thank david

Username: Mwwolf23

Philly

i have a 94 saturn, and trying to install a cd player ( by splicing the wires ). problem is, the wires coming from the car have 2 yellow wires, and 2 brown wires. I already burned out my sony xplod player, so I bought a pioneer, and i really don't want to burn another one out. how do i know which wires to use from the 2 sets that are the same exact color ( for some idiotic reason ).

Username: Shazia

Houston, Texas

I have the same problem a few other people mentioned. I have a 99 civic factory cd player and recently maybe in the last 4 months my cd player stopped accepting most CD-Rs and would play store bought cds only. I get an error message with it and have tried cleaning it and my cds with no luck. Most people have told me it's better to just buy a new cd player rather than go to the dealership and try to get someone to work on it.

Any ideas on what I should do? Also this factory cd player really never gave me a problem with playing burnt cds so maybe have i done something wrong with it?

Username: Jmel

my DD put coins in my cassette player (yeah they still exist)How do I remove the stereo from a 2002 toy avalon? thanks

Username: 20camry05

Parsippany, NJ USA

my uncle has a 2005 Sienna XLE Limited & my little cousin stuck a CD in changer. How do I get the changer out? Do I have to take out the 2 plastic wood-grain things that surround the CD player & wht else do have to take out other than the bolts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us