Thump sound 30+/- seconds after radio is off

Username: Dfate1986

Post Number: 1
Ok if this has been addressed please let me know but I have hooked up stereos in the past and have never had this issue. I just changed my Sony xplode stereo with a xo vision x358 stereo I know cheap. Anyway I have hooked it up as directed and hooked the subs in and I get a thump after I shut radio off. I trouble shooted the issue checked grounds and yes there on bare metal and even ran a new ground wire for the radio itself using both like I had to on the xplode to fix a issue of it shutting off. I disconnected the rca cables and no pop from the subs. I was thinking of wiring the remote directly to the battery or capacitor but I doubt that would change anything. I didn't have this issue with the xplode stereo. And yes it was hooked up the same way with the same wires I used on this one. Any help would be appreciated.}

Username: Dfate1986

Post Number: 2
Ok so I've dug deeper and I believe that the radio is shutting off b4 the amp sending the one thump sound if I disconnect the power to the sub it doesn't do this. I have reluctantly thought of putting a switch in to shut off the amp manually b4 the radio. I'd rather not do this but I know of no other options at this point. Help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us