HPF, more in depth

Username: Jrs580

Post Number: 1
I see many, many posts about setting hpf's. Most of them start by apologizing because there is already so many posts about it...however, I still have some issues.

My biggest problem is that I have a 2015 Jeep that has an excellent sound system in it stock. It obviously doesn't have the major kick of a powerful sub-woofer, but the 8 that's in there provides good fill in bass.

Now, I have a 2010 Silverado that I've invested time and money into the system. Without going into all the details, I will focus on the door speaker system. They are 6.5 inch JL audio c2's powered by a JL audio 100 by 4 amp. I should be covered on the products. I set the crossover for these speakers and 125hz and have no problem with the performance but i feel as if the bass is separated from front to back, if this makes sense. The subs are taking care of the bass behind me and I have all voice and treble where I'm sitting.

When I set the hpf to 50 or 63 for instance, I love them blended sound of the bass but I get distortion down around the 60 hz mark when I turn the volume up.

My question: Is it just the nature of the beast that i should live with the hpf at 125hz slope 12/ 100hz slope 24, or could I be having a problem with signal distortion, not letting me play the lower frequencies at higher volumes?

Username: Beatsbooster

Post Number: 1
I think the problem is the position and size of your speakers not the corssover frequency, if you play with those 2 factors you may get better results, 8" is enough for a decent bass response and can get as low as 90 Hz 24 or even 48 slope. Do you have the same problems? it's been a while since the post :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us