2010 Mazda 3 Fade Issues (aftermarket)

Username: Sgtguitar

Post Number: 1
My mazda came with the Bose package, however after my Bose amp went out I thought i'd save money by going to an aftermarket amplifier. HOWEVER, once I installed the amp they informed me that since the new amp is 4 OHM and the bose speakers function from 2 OHM that the bose speakers werent compatible anymore, they would work but running front and back was causing the system to get too hot. Not sure if this is true, but seeing as I am no expert I believed it. Well I just got my car back, and they have installed the speakers and new tweeter but my FADE is no longer working. I get sound to my rear speakers when its set to 0, and i've reset the HeadUnit, but no luck. When i put the fade to full Rear it stops working. Though the speakers do work when set to neutral fade. The reason I didn't jus take it back to these guys is because honestly they seem like they are strung out on drugs, and I'm just frustrated with it all so I'm going to try and remedy the situation myself so I dont end up having to pay more money. I wish I had enough knowledge on the subject that I was able to do it from the getgo. I am now $700 in (new amp, 4 speakers and 2 tweeters). This is my current setup - was hoping you guys could help me troubleshoot.

Current Setup: Speakers/amp
(replacement for bose) Audiopipe 4080 1200w
4 Audioplanet speakers 6x8
Pioneer tweeters

Setup: Sub
Single Rockford fosgate punch p3
Fosgate 2500 amp (i believe)

The sub and amp seem to be working fine. I went back through after getting the car back yesterday and have set the gain on the front speakers and the sub to where I like it to be (it sounds pretty good) however its really bothering me that I just can not adjust the fade. After spending that money you'd think I would have a fully functioning system.

Also - When i was adjusting the AudioPipe I noticed there were LPF and HPF but i couldn't find what these should be set at and so I just put them to flat and it sounds really good. Is there any harm in doing this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us