Need Radio Code for E34 95 530i

Username: Sarmen

Post Number: 1
Today I replaced the fuse on the back of the radio in my newest purchase, a 1995 BMW 530i. Now that my radio lights up I need the code to reactivate it. I've heard good things about you guys on here so I'll let you have a try!

S/N: F30816442B

No other labels or markings are present on the radio case.

Gold Member
Username: Opelop

Post Number: 2677
all serial numbers from radio please

Post Number: 2
S/N: F30816442B
Part Num: 88 88 1 600 235 / 275
Model: Alpine CM5903

Gold Member
Username: Dekster

POLAND

Post Number: 2370
sarmen

BMW ALPINE CM5903 cannot be decoded via Serial Number

as it uses a solder tag system for its code .

Further technical advice required.

Try emailing

restoredclassic@aol.com

Mention this forum

contact me: http://koddoradia.pl/

Post Number: 3
Turns out the dealer had the code on file. Thanks for all the info on here.

Here I'll post the findings of my research and my story in the unlikely event someone might find it useful:
The Alpine CM5901 and CM5903 units in BMW cars such as my E34 1995 530I cannot be "decoded" with any fancy software or algorithm. The code in these radios is set by physical solder joints on the inside of the unit. Search for images of 'Alpine CM5903 Solder Tags' to get a good picture of these. These solder joints do not have any mathematical relation to the serial number riveted to the back of the unit and that is why it can't be decoded.
However, your BMW dealer has records of the radio code for each serial number. You can easily provide them with the serial number from your radio and they will give you the radio code. I recommend asking for a print out as the guy behind the counter put a typo in my serial number the first time. I only noticed because I had the piece of paper with the wrong serial number.
When you start entering codes, this radio will lock up after the third wrong code entry but the display will not show any indication of the lock up. If your BMW supplied code does not work the first time (or second or third) the radio was probably locked up before you even started. In this case, leave the radio on for an hour. You can drive, idle, or even leave the key in the accessory position, provided your battery will last. As long as the radio is displaying CODE for an hour it will run the timer down. After a nice drive to the coast, I entered my code and my radio resumed normal operation.
Should your radio still be giving you trouble at this point and you still desire to keep the 20+ year old unit, you will likely need to open the case on the unit and play around with those solder tags I mentioned. Based on this thread it seems restoredclassic@aol.com is the guy to ask when it comes to decoding or modifying the solder tags on this radio.

Cheers!

Username: Collins65010hotmailcom

Irving, TX United States

Post Number: 1
hey do have the code to a 1995 bmw 530i with a alpine in it my radio is asking me for a code
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us