Speaker help!!!

Username: Ericchrisman

Post Number: 1
I have a 2006 bmw 330xi, there is kind of a scratchy noise coming from my speakers when I play songs with a lot of bass (the vocals are scratchy like, it's hard to explain). I have recently replaced my stock speakers with some 4" illusion electra's in the front with components in the back so I know it isn't a speaker problem. A guy a talked to said it may have something to do with the crossovers or something and he suggested getting a new amp maybe to power the speakers? Anybody else have this problem and know any way to fix this??? Please help, thank you! I know I do not have any blown speakers

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2033
Should be your stock head unit clipping, get an aftermarket head unit and a speakers amp.

Username: Justindbrd

Post Number: 1
I have a 2000 ford Mustang with 460 Mach audio,it has a 1 factory amp that power's the 4 2 1/2 inch speaker's that r only for voice and 2 that power the rest of the speaker's they r subs with no voice coil,I'm having a crackling sound coming from my driver side tweeter and have checked the wiring in the door and it's good and have replaced the speaker once and the same thing happened with that one only while the car is running does anyone have any clue wat my problem could be?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us