3 Week old Audiobahn AW1208T's SMOKED....???

Hopefully someone can explain to be why my 2-3week old 12" Audiobahns started smoking.

I'm am running 1 A12001DT amp for each sub. The subs are in a ported box.
Each sub was ran 1 ohm, parallel series.
Both amps at 3/4 gain, remote bass control at 1/2

A buddy and I were driving and the bass got real week, we found the port on the box to be smoking. After removing the subs from the box we found when you look thru the mesh grill by the magnet of the speaker the wire coiled around the speaker that looks like a spring is burnt and melted.

Any ideas as to why this happened so it dont happn to the next pair?

Thanks

James War
Too much power. Turn the bass down or put 1 amp on both subs. Thats the only reason i can think of.

Anonymous
Maybe you should check to see if ur amp goes all the way down to 1 ohm monoblock. if not, then i don't know what else might have caused.

SQUEAK
LET THEM BREAK IN BEFORE YOU POUND THEM

James War good point- I would have to say that if you have a bass setting that goes from minus seven to plus seven and zero being the middle- you should be in the minus 2 or minus 3 range and no more.

1/4 of the way up or less basically

zacdavis
adding to what pist said, follow his rule of thumb, but if you have the specs on your deck, then read what it's rca output voltage is, if it's 1.5 then turn the amp up to 1.5, if its 3volts then turn it down to 3 on the amp, just match them up. later

Anonymous
Definatly break them suckers in. They are awsome subs, and the longer you keep them at about half power, the better. I recommend a month of break in, and slowly increase power from there. I hope for your sake they aren't permanently damaged, I've made the mistake of blowing good subs to many times. Gets very expensive

Brett
THey are Audiobahns, what can I say. Audiobahns suck terribly.

Carl
Question....if a amp has a low pass phase, and a bass gain,and of course the gain control, which way is the best way to set these controls,for the best sound performance when its bridged, parallel into a 2ohm load?? {Boss Ripper 495}

Anonymous
Audiobahns sux azz. and everything else in between.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us