2 problems with Clifford Solaris G4 Alarm

Username: Matt5525

Post Number: 1
I have an old Clifford Solaris G4 alarm that I had a pro install in a '99 car I've had for a long time. The shop that installed it is out of business and mot of the other "authorized" shops around me seem a little shady so I am trying to remdedy this on my own if possible. All I want to do is program an additional remote but I have 2 problems:

1. The plain view 2 coded valet switch stopped working. I can get the car into valet mode by using my remote and the LED lights up when I do that but when I press the buttons on the valet switch the LED doesn't blink at all and nothing happens. I tested the swtich with a multimeter and it seems to be working so I can only assume something either went wrong between the wire that goes from the switch to the brain or something is wrong with the brain itself. Any ideas? Is it possible to replace the entire wire between the valet switch and the brain? I have no idea how I would connect the wire on the brain side as all I see is a wiring harness.

2. I have the port which you can connect to a laptop running Cliffnet Wizard. I tried to use this as an alternative means of programing the remote since the valet switch isn't working. However, I can't get Cliffnet Wizard to recognize the port. I'm running Cliffnet Wizard 2.2. on a laptop running on Windows XP Pro and I'm using a serial port express card (not a cable) which is supposed to be the most reliable type of serial port you can add. When I load up the wizard it says "Incorrect Port Name". I've tried changing the port within windows from COM1 through COM4 and it always says the same thing. Any idea what is wrong? It's supposed to work with XP. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us