What would you all recommend me to get for my car? subwoofer and amp for under $600 total

Username: Bman13

Wooster, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1
Hi all this is my first post. I know this question has been asked many times but I wwant to know the CURRENT best set up I can get.

In reality I don't want to spend more than $500 total but Will go to $600 if necessary. I'm not looking to be in the world class side of things, I just want a really nice hard hitting system. Personally I prefer low to mid bass subwoofers. Doesn't everybody? .

I have only had one system in my life and it consisted of two 12" memphis subs. Whatever the lower end ones are called? They were 250 watts rms a piece and I had a 500 watt rockford Fosgate mono amplifier.

I have a 1984 Nissan 300z and it's a hatchback so it carried the sound very well. What's your guys's opinions on what to get? I was looking at either dual 12" subs or a single 15" sub possibly. I don't want a 10" sub however.

Please let me know what your opinions are on this so $600 MAX for the sub and amp together. I have a head unit and wiring. Also I will make my own box.

Thanks all in advance have a great day everyone

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1955
What music do you listen? Also hard hitting is different than hard hitting with sound quality.

Username: Bman13

Wooster, Ohio United States

Post Number: 2
I listen to a little bit of everything. Alternative and west coast rap are probably my favorites. Also dubstep. And you're right. I like hard hitting but I also am picky and like it to be good quality. I have when people are like my Sony xplods hit so hard. They might hit hard but the quality is terrible. But yeah, I'll be listening to rap and dubstep with them. And I like deep bass. Not high end bass just mid to deep bass

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1962
On the side of sound quality but high output on your budget I would recommend:

Amp:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34764_Rockford-Fosgate-R1200-1D.html

Sub:
http://store.ficaraudio.com/q15/

Fine stuff matching your budget, enough to smoke any sony xplod owners in every respect.

Properly designed and built sub enclosure is a must and checking your electrical system is also necessary.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us